24 - Eric García

khaled_a_d

The myth about "modern day strikers" strikes again. Guess peak Ronaldo, who he pocketed most of the time wasn't a modern day striker. Obviously it's not only about single defender, it's how the team works in synergy. Not even likes of Maldini worked like lone wolfs, who neutralized strikers on their own. Most great CBs, we remember still, played for great teams.

Peak R9 was actually very quick, strong beside his technical ability. He was ahead of his time, same with Henry btw.
Defense is a team work for sure, for that the pieces needs to complement each other. You don't need every defender to be quick, but you need at least one of your CB to have pace.
If Araujo injuries is no worries, he would fit great with Eric if he is actually good. If not, then you need a pacey CB like most elite teams now have.

In 352/343 we are playing now, we have FDJ playing as modern Libro, who moves to DM at times.
FDJ natural midfield abilities is perfect for that role obviously, but when area he excels at is having the necessary pace for it. E.Garcia is more suited to the Lenglet role.

Messigician

Peak R9 was actually very quick, strong beside his technical ability. He was ahead of his time, same with Henry btw.
Defense is a team work for sure, for that the pieces needs to complement each other. You don't need every defender to be quick, but you need at least one of your CB to have pace.
If Araujo injuries is no worries, he would fit great with Eric if he is actually good. If not, then you need a pacey CB like most elite teams now have.

In 352/343 we are playing now, we have FDJ playing as modern Libro, who moves to DM at times.
FDJ natural midfield abilities is perfect for that role obviously, but when area he excels at is having the necessary pace for it. E.Garcia is more suited to the Lenglet role.

He means pique pocketed prime CR7

Morten

Pique pocketed CT7 on many occasions lol.

To say he didn't is just biased

I said he did okay.
Obviously,he had good moments against him, but to say Pique just pocketed him is not right.

Defending 1v1 against quick attackers was never Piques strength, Ronaldo gave him plenty of trouble in those situations.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So he plays for Spain entire match even if he doesn't play for his club at all.

How was he?

vuji_31

Watched last half an hour , just passing around because greece was playing park the bus.
Bad game to say anything.

wisconsincule

I think this is a no brainer free signing.

He’s looked pretty good. Kinda slow but that’s been known.

Started out at LCB too.

Raketa10

We should have signed him in January. He is now probably demanding a bigger salary.

Garcia spoke to reporters about his future and the match after the full-time whistle.

"I'm focused on what concerns me, now with the national team there is a very important match against Kosovo coming up, and then what comes will come. I don't know if it will be Barca."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he wants more money then pass. Totally fine with not getting him, I wish him luck elsewhere earning those big bucks.

Don't forget he jumped on City's offer to leave in the first place despite our attempts to make him stay.

Andresito

Staff member
If he wants more money then pass. Totally fine with not getting him, I wish him luck elsewhere earning those big bucks.

Don't forget he jumped on City's offer to leave in the first place despite our attempts to make him stay.

He didn't leave solely for the money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He didn't leave for money.

I know, but he took their offer and left without giving much thoughts about staying, at least didn't appear so.

If he was having second thoughts about his decision to go to City and not getting enough minutes there etc. then he shouldn't be asking for more money to come back, if we were to believe the rumors. Also, he has to know that he has to compete for his spot too here.

Home of Barca Fans