24 - Eric García

xXKonan

His lack of athleticism will be the thing that would prevent him from ever being more than just a 3rd-4th choice CB.

I'll give him a chance but in reality, He really doesn't offer anything different from what we already have. He isn't strong, he's slow as a turtle and he's not tall either and him being good on the ball doesn't make him better than anyone else really.

Araujo and Mingueza are far more Athletic and Physical and faster than Garcia is, We also have three slow CBs who are taller and are also "Ball" Playing CBs. Eric is just like Pique, Lenglet, and Umtiti, except smaller and possibly even slower and probably even weaker physically than Lenglet, Pique and Umtiti are.

fergus90

I've seen Eric Garcia play just 10 times so far in his career, so I will reserve too much judgement for now.

I will however say that I've only seen 1 good performance thus far and the rest have been borderline woeful.

We will be loaning him out to AEK Athens in 2 years I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Honestly he was a 1/10 and I give him that 1 just for turning up. He was played slightly out of position but he didn't resemble a footballer out there.

Worst case scenario we make some money off him by selling him to Betis a la Bartra.

I don't think he'll be given a long leash if he sucks even if he's a former academy player. Those days are over.

FinBarcelonafan

Worst case scenario we make some money off him by selling him to Betis a la Bartra.

I don't think he'll be given a long leash if he sucks even if he's a former academy player. Those days are over.

True. I doubt we will lose money over the deal. It's worth a punt.

mc_lovin

City fans seems to really hate him, and the scary part is that it isn't because he is joining us.

Make no mistake, they are pissed, because he leaves on a free. I remember when they tried to pin the Lyon defeat on him when Laporte was really fucking bad and easily took the cake.

But yeah, he should join as CB #4 and work his way up. His games for Spain were quite decent, so theres hope. It wouldnt be a problem if hes just that though. Hes free after all.

Laporta doesnt seem to be the biggest fan either, so that makes me hopeful we go for a simply better defender as well. Kounde is still my wet dream if we can scramble together some cash.

khaled_a_d

Make no mistake, they are pissed, because he leaves on a free. I remember when they tried to pin the Lyon defeat on him when Laporte was really fucking bad and easily took the cake.

That was early in the season.
Right now they are over it, defense is rock solid without him and they are worshipping Dias.

Some of them even felt bad for him, as they think we played him and now he has no choice but to take whatever we offer since he was vocal about coming back,and can't back tracked.

But past 2 games, they are genuinely pissed from his performance, and deservingly , he was shit

Home of Barca Fans