24 - Eric García

fergus90

Make no mistake, they are pissed, because he leaves on a free. I remember when they tried to pin the Lyon defeat on him when Laporte was really fucking bad and easily took the cake.

But yeah, he should join as CB #4 and work his way up. His games for Spain were quite decent, so theres hope. It wouldnt be a problem if hes just that though. Hes free after all.

Laporta doesnt seem to be the biggest fan either, so that makes me hopeful we go for a simply better defender as well. Kounde is still my wet dream if we can scramble together some cash.

A lot of City fans aren't pissed that he leaves on a free I don't think. I think they'd be willing to pay for his flight to Barcelona :lol:

fergus90

I highly doubt he'll be better than Araujo. I hope I'm wrong.

It would be a miracle if he got close to Araujo at this point. Garcia's only saving grace is that the pace of La Liga is considerably slower.

It looked like he was trying to sprint in a pool full of custard tonight. Was getting done all ends by Brighton wingers.

JamDav1982

They are more pissed off as he had nerve to reject Pep/City when they wanted to keep him. More that rejection than what they are losing as a player.

I would bet he will be better than likes of Mingueza and a 19 year old CB still learning his game could pay off more than the players already at club who are clearly not good enough.

The levels that some went to praise him as the next Pique or great leader as Pep once said he is intelligent was usual over the top nonsense by those that want to appear the staunchest of cules.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Get him and loan him out to other La Liga teams, so we can some of his wages covered and he gets more playing time in La Liga to see if he will be viable at all?

vuji_31

Okay , so he played 3 games and he was worst man on the pitch.

He is shit obviously.

1.82 and lookimg weaker then puig.

Also slow af.

Birdy

Starting CB pair next season:
Araujo-Mingueza

No Lenglet, no Pique, no Eric fuck'n Garcia
Nothing less.

Or else we will be conceding every shot yet again

JamDav1982

Starting CB pair next season:
Araujo-Mingueza

No Lenglet, no Pique, no Eric fuck'n Garcia
Nothing less.

Or else we will be conceding every shot yet again

Mingueza is miles off it.

Garcia, Lenglet are both better CBs.

Araujo/Mingueza pairing would be about as suicidal as it gets.

serghei

If this guy is that bad, keep Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza, and sign another one for some money. Skip on him, free or not. Lenglet is enough as a ball playing CB. Bring someone who leads the line. Araujo and Mingueza are very physical.

Right now the best pairing is Araujo/Mingueza - Lenglet. Disaster pairings are Araujo - Mingueza, and Pique - Lenglet.

vegitot

If this guy is that bad, keep Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza, and sign another one for some money. Skip on him, free or not. Lenglet is enough as a ball playing CB. Bring someone who leads the line. Araujo and Mingueza are very physical.

Right now the best pairing is Araujo/Mingueza - Lenglet. Disaster pairings are Araujo - Mingueza, and Pique - Lenglet.

He is free so it may not be that bad. Even though his quality is not like what fans expect.

Minguenza is very slow btw. Physicality is normal.

iniestaGOAT

Hell no. If we do not sign any CB Lenglet has to start over Mingueza. We are that bad having to depend on legnlet despite all the fuck ups cause we aint got nobody.

By mid season pique would be syarting again cause the manager will have no other option and pique willstill be our best starting CB.

serghei

He is free so it may not be that bad. Even though his quality is not like what fans expect.

Minguenza is very slow btw. Physicality is normal.

Mingueza looks fast to me. Keeps up with Vinicius so he is pretty fast.

Hell no. If we do not sign any CB Lenglet has to start over Mingueza. We are that bad having to depend on legnlet despite all the fuck ups cause we aint got nobody.

By mid season pique would be syarting again cause the manager will have no other option and pique willstill be our best starting CB.

Pique is our worst CB comfortably after Umtiti. The guy is playing like he's a retired player.

vegitot

Mingueza looks fast to me. Keeps up with Vinicius so he is pretty fast.

Pique is our worst CB comfortably after Umtiti.

Weird. He looks like 70 years old when he plays vs Atletico. He is destroyed left and right. Or even in Barca B last game, his pace is anything but fast.

serghei

Weird. He looks like 70 years old when he plays vs Atletico. He is destroyed left and right. Or even in Barca B last game, his pace is anything but fast.

He probably had a bad game vs Atletico. Physically, I'm happy with Mingueza. It's his positioning and rash tackles that are the problem so far.

serghei

I’m going to start raising money for the signing of De Ligt.

Unfortunately... big clubs are a pain in the ass to negotiate with. Transfers like these almost never happen. Juventus isn't suddenly gonna become Roma in terms of ambitions. They probably see De Ligt as key for their new team.

Home of Barca Fans