24 - Eric García

Andresito

Staff member
His physique looks worrying at first sight. But it's very similar to Marquinhos' at the same age.

Something else that calms me is that apparently coaches of a club like Man City haven't pushed him to develop his physique in the gym. Or maybe they have and he'd look even skinnier if they hadn't and maybe he's stronger than he looks.

1057456-18946090-2560-1440.jpg

fm-2014-player-profile-of-marquinhos.jpg

E2zEgk_X0BEF8Cu

Marquinhos nowadays:
marquinhos-epa27042020.jpg

CatalinR10

I like that he's a free transfer but being a CB and looking like you do 1000 calories / day challenge is not a good sign.

Dude has to do some serious bulking up.

jairzinho

Lol, Marquinhos was on another level back then compared to Garcia physique wise, speed etc. Played alot at RB before switching to CB. Current Garcia is alot slower, shorter but still capable of developing physically we'll see.

BBZ8800

For guys who watched him more, with which famous or semi-famous defender would you compare him?

I have watched Youtube highlights, he makes tackles, sliding tackles and interceptions and seems to be good at reading of the game.

Cons: looks like another too nice guy and seems to be slow like Busi/Raki.
But he is 20 and they are 30+.

khaled_a_d

Lol, Marquinhos was on another level back then compared to Garcia physique wise, speed etc. Played alot at RB before switching to CB. Current Garcia is alot slower, shorter but still capable of developing physically we'll see.

Marquinhos and Garcia are both listed 183 cm on transfermarket. City has no official listed height but PSG official website confirms the height of Marquinhos at least.
I would argue that Eric is stronger than the Brazilian at same age, but the speed difference is a bit huge IMO.

BBZ8800

1057456-18946090-2560-1440.jpg

fm-2014-player-profile-of-marquinhos.jpg

E2zEgk_X0BEF8Cu

Marquinhos nowadays:
marquinhos-epa27042020.jpg

It sounds stupid, but look at Marquinos' look in the eyes.
That's the type of determination and bravery you need to have in CL semis, 2nd leg.

On the first look, Garcia looks like a guy whom you'll ask for help for your philosophy or algebra homework.

CatalinR10

225083-1598302373.jpg

Look at this peacefull 1.6 midget right here. He's the type of guy to be around social gatherings not saying a word , shy , etc. He could never dominate / make an entire team his bitch in the CL , not mentioning a CL final.

khaled_a_d

For guys who watched him more, with which famous or semi-famous defender would you compare him?

I have watched Youtube highlights, he makes tackles, sliding tackles and interceptions and seems to be good at reading of the game.

Cons: looks like another too nice guy and seems to be slow like Busi/Raki.
But he is 20 and they are 30+.

The one thing I like about Garcia is that he is aggressive but smart, that is a rare but very good combination.
If he was a bit faster or taller (i.e more gifted) physically his potential is big.

Can't think of comparison atm, maybe a similar style to Ayala? Not sure tbh

On the first look, Garcia looks like a guy whom you'll ask for help for your philosophy or algebra homework.

:lol:

Devils

I still don't get what Lucho and Pep see in this cat lol.

Baby-faced CBs hardly ever make it at top level. This is a football fact.

All legendary, world class and top CBs are gritty, hard looking mofos.

vegitot

The one thing I like about Garcia is that he is aggressive but smart, that is a rare but very good combination.
If he was a bit faster or taller (i.e more gifted) physically his potential is big.

Can't think of comparison atm, maybe a similar style to Ayala? Not sure tbh

:lol:

Ayala was strong on the air. Garcia isn't though.

vegitot

225083-1598302373.jpg

Look at this peacefull 1.6 midget right here. He's the type of guy to be around social gatherings not saying a word , shy , etc. He could never dominate / make an entire team his bitch in the CL , not mentioning a CL final.

He is the man of the match in the final while Garcia is rooting on the bench though.

Nazario1985

I still don't get what Lucho and Pep see in this cat lol.

Baby-faced CBs hardly ever make it at top level. This is a football fact.

All legendary, world class and top CBs are gritty, hard looking mofos.

talking down someone who IS 20 years old for never making it to top level ... :shakeshead:

Ok now we are going by the look to mesure the quality of a player .... Canavaro/Nesta ...etc saying hello

Home of Barca Fans