24 - Eric García

zanela

In the pictures Andresito posted, Marquinhos looks physically the same in both pictures tbh, the only real difference I see is the tache.

I have not watched this player and I'm not gonna look at his youtube highlights to judge him (ala BF experts BBZ et al.). But what I will say is that if a defender is lacking in the physical department, he must have other redeeming qualities i.e pace, leadership, tactical nous, aerial ability. Perhaps, Garcia will go on to develop these other areas of the game, or may be not. For now, its too early to dismiss him despite the Bartra vibes he's got going on. :D

How can anyone be at all positive about this guy. He's really slow and weak so please tell me how is he gonna defend anyone in that barca high line? Guy gets manhandled anytime he plays for city and he's supposed to be someone barca will rely on. Name me a single good defender who is his size and imagine any fast player going at him. This is Denis Suarez again, horrible signing purely because he used to play here. Don't even begin telling me about his pass% like that matters for a defender who 90% of the time passes back or sideways

FC B

I don't think that's a good transfer at all.

He is slow, lacks physical strenght (it struck me how unmuscular he looks) and is quite short for for a CB with only 183 cms in height also not being good at aerial play.

But I wish him luck at Barca and hope pe proves me wrong.

Nazario1985

I don't think the kid is any good and we already have plenty of very average youngsters to stay polite.

But even if he has something in him Koeman is the last coach to bring it forward.

Lets wait and see him in the pitch with us hope asap.

Richard.H

Is it just me or did he not look very fit in his physical? Even Aguero looks a lot more fit than him. Seems worrying to me.

JamDav1982

Strange one as he looks tall and athletic when playing in la masia then looks opposite when a pro.

Must have stopped growing fairly early.

wisconsincule

If he does indeed flop at least he is still young. He will have played for City and Barca. Some team will buy him for ~10 million.

I would prefer bigger faster defenders but who knows. Maybe he will pan out.

serghei

If he does indeed flop at least he is still young. He will have played for City and Barca. Some team will buy him for ~10 million.

I would prefer bigger faster defenders but who knows. Maybe he will pan out.

He is a largely unknown quantity atm. I barely saw 2-3 games with him, so... let's see how he does. I doubt he can be worse than current Pique and Umtiti so maybe there is hope for improvement in our defense.

Although it worries me that we'll see too much of the likes of Pique, Lenglet, Garcia, (technical slow types, lacking good speed and physicality), and too little of Araujo and Mingueza.

iniestaGOAT

He is a largely unknown quantity atm. I barely saw 2-3 games with him, so... let's see how he does. I doubt he can be worse than current Pique and Umtiti so maybe there is hope for improvement in our defense.

Although it worries me that we'll see too much of the likes of Pique, Lenglet, Garcia, (technical slow types, lacking good speed and physicality), and too little of Araujo and Mingueza.

Not many of us have watched him play lets just hope he gets few games in the euros and we can see what hes really made of.

I have no hope for him.

fergus90

He definitely needs to improve his physicality without question. He was getting bullied by Joelinton and Saint-Maxim away to Newcastle, they were bursting past him and brushing him off for fun.

I think La Liga will suit him more though.

Home of Barca Fans