24 - Eric García

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep to SER

"Aguero y Eric Garcia son dos grandes fichajes, aciertos totales. Kun es goleador, con Eric ya le dije a Koeman que ha hecho un fichaje espectacular, ser uno de los capitanes de la proxima decada"

Even City fanbase have no excuse for failing to understand Guardiola after 5 yrs but then again there are still those purporting to be cules who continue to underrate Pep's genius. Ignorance must be bliss

Bobo32

Pep to SER

Even City fanbase have no excuse for failing to understand Guardiola after 5 yrs but then again there are still those purporting to be cules who continue to underrate Pep's genius. Ignorance must be bliss

He also said something about Koeman there as well that made me question his genius a bit, but they are probably good friends of course so shouldn't read too much into that...
I am very much looking forward to following Garcia for Barcelona!

JamDav1982

Pep to SER

Ignorance is on you.

Point to words of Pep when back you up on Eric Garcia...but included in same quote he praises to the hilt Koeman who you slate.

Good stuff.

vegitot

Pep to SER

Also Pep
Pep Guardiola (Manchester City manager): "It's good news that Koeman will continue. In many moments, Bar?a have played the best football in Spain. And the second seasons are usually better." [cadena ser] https://t.co/vEsT5TXgiS

Don't think Pep ever say something bad about Barca.

iniestaGOAT

Also Pep
Pep Guardiola (Manchester City manager): "It's good news that Koeman will continue. In many moments, Bar?a have played the best football in Spain. And the second seasons are usually better." [cadena ser] https://t.co/vEsT5TXgiS

Don't think Pep ever say something bad about Barca.

Not just barcelona. Pep has praised many city and bayern players like he is praising eric garcia then got rid of them next window.

Bobo32

I don't think his quotes makes him two-faced. As a manager you have to take a lot of hard decisions, and often it's even very easy to for example get rid of a brilliant brilliant player because he isn't the right one for the greater good of the team.

What he is saying there about Garcia means something.

Rory

Pep is like some weird religion where criticising something with him is absolutely impossible for some. It's unbelievable the cherry picking from what pep has said or done/the players he's backed. He's blown hundreds of millions on players who aren't good enough. Similarly he's brought through talents worth hundreds of millions. Both things are true.

Pep does not believe Garcia is going to be exceptional otherwise he would have absolutely made sure city keep him. "But barca is Eric's dream", yeah if Pep said please stay I absolutely want to mould you into the best defender in the world oh and btw here's 8m a season, way more than you'll earn at barca. Garcia would be staying at city.

iniestaGOAT

Pep is like some weird religion where criticising something with him is absolutely impossible for some. It's unbelievable the cherry picking from what pep has said or done/the players he's backed. He's blown hundreds of millions on players who aren't good enough. Similarly he's brought through talents worth hundreds of millions. Both things are true.

Pep does not believe Garcia is going to be exceptional otherwise he would have absolutely made sure city keep him. "But barca is Eric's dream", yeah if Pep said please stay I absolutely want to mould you into the best defender in the world oh and btw here's 8m a season, way more than you'll earn at barca. Garcia would be staying at city.

He would be traeting him like how he treats foden.

Porque

I dont know. Pep is playing a different game to the rest of football at City.

Losing Garcia means getting another new toy to mould and experiment with. Losing even De Bruyne gets him his next shiny attacking thing.

It's like in FM when you edit in an unlimited budget and check the data for the new regens with 170+ potential.

You don't care about selling your current player because you got the next one with potential to make something out of.

I imagine Pep at City is like that so he doesn't really care who goes, thus having nothing but good things to say.

It's not like being at Barcelona where if Chygrinskiy fails we don't really have the budget to replace him with anyone on a whim.

iniestaGOAT

Losing Garcia means getting another new toy to mould and experiment with. Losing even De Bruyne gets him his next shiny attacking thing.

It's like in FM when you edit in an unlimited budget and check the data for the new regens with 170+ potential.

You don't care about selling your current player because you got the next one with potential to make something out of.

I imagine Pep at City is like that so he doesn't really care who goes, thus having nothing but good things to say.

It's not like being at Barcelona where if Chygrinskiy fails we don't really have the budget to replace him with anyone on a whim.

Thats some weird fantasy post you got there buddy. Losing garcia is not like losing foden or de bryune. Garcia was shambolic when he got consistent playing time.

This is just pep praising a barca boy ( and his ex teammate koeman)

Like when pep said he would love 1000 Dantes, all for show, he didnt get any minutes.

This is completely untrue. Pep could have got anybody he wanted during those days in CB. He threw too many bitch fits when he did not get the transfer he wanted. Lapoprta even got rid of eto, his favorite, after 2 years of peps whining. What a mistake that was.

Rory

Completely agree, think iniestaGOAT has missed your points entirely. Unless I am lol. Pep couldn't care less about moulding Garcia because he knows he can get the next talent that comes through (of which there will be plenty, and no worse than Garcia).

Home of Barca Fans