24 - Eric García

Barcilliant

The club just hates singing defenders. Eric Garcia probably was signed cause hes for free and easy sell in few years if he does not work out. Easy profit.

The worst phase was when Yaya worked as a make shift CB and club kept singing CDMs to play CB. Like alex song and mascherano. Mascherano was a beast tho.

Bingo spot on. Back in the day the obsession was only with signing forwards and midfielders. If we had spent the money on 2 quality CBS and a gk or full back, even a DM we wouldn't be in this mess.
Instead we spent huge money on flops like Coutinho, Dumbele and Greasy. We could have saved money and bought Allison, Vvd or some other CB and saved money.
Considering all the great players we've had in the past and we've won only 5 cl. That is pathetic.

Barcilliant

Let's give the kid a chance. That's all. We can always sell him for 10-15 mil. Worth a punt.

We suck at selling and because he is Masia kid he will get at least three seasons. That means we will lose alot of matches over the course of three seasons.
Anyway I hope he proves me wrong. I'm generally pessimistic but this club makes me more so.

Barcilliant

Let's give the kid a chance. That's all. We can always sell him for 10-15 mil. Worth a punt.

We suck at selling and because he is Masia kid he will get at least three seasons. That means we will lose alot of matches over the course of three seasons.
Anyway I hope he proves me wrong. I'm generally pessimistic but this club makes me more so.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Coveted by the greatest manager, Barca received payment in 2017 for Garcia to effectively be trained under Barca's best coach to eventually return for free when the remnants of the disastrous past that prompted his departure in the first place have been dumped out

Immense signing

JamDav1982

Coveted by the greatest manager, Barca received payment in 2017 for Garcia to effectively be trained under Barca's best coach to eventually return for free when the remnants of the disastrous past that prompted his departure in the first place have been dumped out

Immense signing

The usual nonsense to appear the most staunch of 'cules'.

By that logic lets get Adrian Bernabe back to Barca as main man in midfield because 'Pep trained him'.

Like a parody of some of those La Masia obsessed accounts on twitter.

Garcia wanted back long before Laporta took over so that angle is clueless.

iniestaGOAT

Bigger issue is we are having to sign these players who cant make it into Man city first 11 and hope they lead us somewhere

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bigger issue is we are having to sign these players who cant make it into Man city first 11 and hope they lead us somewhere

Garcia's breakout into City's team was last season. In June 2020 he leaked to Domenech an interest to return home. Ake & Dias were pursued & signed within months of this

Context matters, he is not someone who 'couldn't get into the XI', he is someone who rejected an extension since his desire was to return home since Bartomeu was surely exiting. Player said it himself, when he left La Masia was ignored by Barto et al

Now no longer the case

Mateka

Garcia's breakout into City's team was last season. In June 2020 he leaked to Domenech an interest to return home. Ake & Dias were pursued & signed within months of this

Context matters, he is not someone who 'couldn't get into the XI', he is someone who rejected an extension since his desire was to return home since Bartomeu was surely exiting. Player said it himself, when he left La Masia was ignored by Barto et al

Now no longer the case

He could not get into the 11.

He was fifth choice.

Pep wanted to keep him, but he was one for the future and that was not next season.

Dias, Stones, Ake, LaPorte then Garcia. But a young CB who City loaned out may be better than Garcia, so he could have been 6th in line. Even if he stayed, Dias would have been signed. The only argument being was Ake required if Garcia stayed? Looking at his lack of pace and inability to cover at LB probably Ake would have still been pursued.

Barca cannot lose getting him on a free. Who he plays alongside will obviously matter.

Pep speaks well of him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Now no longer the case

Complete lies.

Clean making up that Garcia wanted to return as Barto going and about him being 'ignored by Barto'.

Garcia was 16 and highly rated at club and not Presidents role to go seeking him out.

Garcia played at start of last season and was poor. Played many times after rejecting contract. It was not all about being ignored as leaving. On performances Dias, Stones and Laporte were all better.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He could not get into the 11.

He was fifth choice.

Pep wanted to keep him, but he was one for the future and that was not next season.

Dias, Stones, Ake, LaPorte then Garcia. But a young CB who City loaned out may be better than Garcia, so he could have been 6th in line. Even if he stayed, Dias would have been signed. The only argument being was Ake required if Garcia stayed? Looking at his lack of pace and inability to cover at LB probably Ake would have still been pursued.

Barca cannot lose getting him on a free. Who he plays alongside will obviously matter.

Pep speaks well of him.

Garcia arrived in 2017 as a 16 year old. In 2018 as a 17 yr old he spent pre-season with the 1st team. In 2019-2020 season when he was just 18 y.o., he was 4th in the rotation behind Stones, Laporte & Otamendi although Stones was injured for 15 matches. Nico was sold and in 2020 there were 3 central defenders in the 1st team. This past season after it was made clear he would not extend and wanted to return to Barca, Garcia was 4th in the rotation behind 193M Euros spent on Dias, Laporte & Stones (Dias bought more than 2 months later) while 5th in the rotation was the 46M Ake who still was being played behind Eric

You talking about Taylor Harwood? You don't loan out a player you count on more than the player who wants to exit, no logic there to support your narrative

Pep does not speak well of Garcia, he is effusive in his praise and admiration wanting a team full of players of his profile.

JamDav1982

Garcia arrived in 2017 as a 16 year old. In 2018 as a 17 yr old he spent pre-season with the 1st team. In 2019-2020 season when he was just 18 y.o., he was 4th in the rotation behind Stones, Laporte & Otamendi although Stones was injured for 15 matches. Nico was sold and in 2020 there were 3 central defenders in the 1st team. This past season after it was made clear he would not extend and wanted to return to Barca, Garcia was 4th in the rotation behind 193M Euros spent on Dias, Laporte & Stones (Dias bought more than 2 months later) while 5th in the rotation was the 46M Ake who still was being played behind Eric

You talking about Taylor Harwood? You don't loan out a player you count on more than the player who wants to exit, no logic there to support your narrative

Pep does not speak well of Garcia, he is effusive in his praise and admiration wanting a team full of players of his profile.

More nonsense.

In 19/20 Fernandinho played at CB far more than Garcia ever did so he was not 4th rotation behind those player... Pep with injuries in team decided to move DM back before turning to Garcia who barely played at 18 and gor a more games when 19 at end of season and league long over.

Ake was not 5th behind Garcia last season they were competing for different places in back line. Ake was LCB and ahead of Garcia for that position.

Pep over praised every player and coach going. It is irrelevant.

You genuinely have no idea about what you are talking about.

Porque

Ake would possibly not been signed if Eric Garcia was intent on staying.

Other than that, I don't think it can be disputed that Garcia was not in City plans to be a starting CB anytime soon.

But that doesn't really matter right now. He is good, he is young, he is an international and he is free.

If he was French, played 6 games at Toulouse and was called Todibo we would be ecstatic of getting this signing for free.

ATLBarcaFan

Yeah , I know but he was comparing from that pics where Marquinhos is angry in one for whatever reason while Garcia is smiling cause he's at the presentation.

But yeah , I agree that he's soft but that's because he has a small frame , looks to be underweight and could lose any physical duel he's in.

TLnkCFR.jpg

23LpvY5.jpg

He is young so he has time to build some muscles and develop nicely.

Take off those stupid masks, they are worthless

Mateka

Pep does speak well of Garcia.
Zincenko was loaned out when he arrived at City and has just played in the CL final and has won 3 EPL.

Pep on Garcia ‘I know he wanted to leave but he's going to stay and maybe we can seduce him in this year to extend the contract with us," Guardiola told reporters.He's a guy who is so stable in many things and we're so happy." 10/20

Pep Guardiola said he hopes to convince defender Eric Garcia to extend his contract after handing the 19-year-old a rare start in Wednesday's 3-1 Champions League victory over Porto.
City's regular centre back Aymeric Laporte is set to resume training on Thursday following an injury while fellow defender Nathan Ake is nursing a groin issue.
Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, who slotted into defence at times last season, was ruled out for up to six weeks after suffering a leg injury against Porto.

So Pep did not loan him out because he wanted to seduce him to stay. He loaned out Taylor Harwood to give him games. As he did with Zincenko. Perfectly logical.

Garcia was never ahead of Ake. That does not need proving on my part.

Another poster has mentioned Fernandinho who when City were desperate played CB because Garcia was not good enough.

I think Garcia is a good player. One for the future and I hope he excels at Barca.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans