3 - Alejandro Balde

gregorrin10

Alba finished. Can't believe it.

Thought only Pique was as far this season goes. Glad to see Alba is too. Long overdue. In this hindsight, signing Alonso (especially just for this season) is actually a good thing. Him and Balde to play all games hopefully. Alonso in La Liga games when CL is on the horizon, Balde all others.

Alonso to be here only the one season, just enough to also push Alba out. Killing two birds with one stone. Then go out and get a good LB to compete with Balde next summer, or even picking up a decent free agent like Gaya/Grimaldo could be enough, considering Balde's prominence.

Save the big money, and spend it on a world class (or at least close to/with real potential to become wc) RB (someone like Frimpong or maybe Malo Gusto would be pretty great, and also wouldn't cost a fortune buying from a lesser club like Leverkusen or Lyon instead of the PL or some other big club) and Zubimendi instead.

M3ls

Which world class RB are you talking about? The RB market is very poor.

Who the hell is Frimpong? And is this the world class you offer?

gregorrin10

Which world class RB are you talking about? The RB market is very poor.

Who the hell is Frimpong? And is this the world class you offer?

Frimpong is not world class yet, that's why I also added close to/with real potential to become one. As for you now even knowing who the guy is, your lack of footballing knowledge is not my fault. :wacko: :facepalm:

Like you said world class RB now are slim pickings, and the likes of Reece James or Cancelo are impossible to get, no matter how delusional you are to think we could. If you want that kind of unrealistic, go play FIFA and buy them (and Haaland and Mbappe while you're at it) there. But in reality they got no reason to leave. English players from the PL are a non-starter anyway, cause their idea of the highest level is to play in the PL their whole career, and Cancelo also has no reason to leave City, at least as long as Pep is there. The only way I could maybe see him force a move was if Pep kept playing him at LB only, and he wanted to play RB exclusively that much to force a move, but that's very unlikely, plus he's 28 years old already, ideally you'd want a younger player, especially for a position where pace is one of the most important attribute to have. The only RB from the PL I'd want is James, but he's a Chelsea man (academy graduate) through and through, and will most likely stay with them his whole career (about to sign an extension to 2028), just like Mount.

With Ferran and Auba we were desperate for signings (and Auba worked out, so it's all good anyway) but in the future we should avoid buying from the highly overpriced PL market. Outside of La Liga, we need to look towards the Serie A and especially Bundesliga for our further signings, a lot of untapped talent there. Especially for good full backs, who are missing in the La Liga market, unlike (defensive) midfielders.

Last edited:

Porque

Grimaldo is rumoured to be the pick. To be fair I don't think either Grimaldo or Gaya would push Balde too much. Let's hope he can avoid injuries because that pace is a game changer.

And talking of injuries, Grimaldo has, and will, miss alot of games on the sidelines.

xXKonan

I see Alonso as a necessary Evil in order to keep the likes of Alba away from the pitch as much as possible.

Alba hasn't put a full season together in years now, the guy basically lived off purple patches here and there to give people that illusion that he's good enough but in reality, the guy let us down time and time again when we needed him the most. Currently the king of false dawns in this team.

I'm glad Xavi so far has taken a hardline approach with him and Pique, they don't deserve to start based on what they did years prior.

vuji_31

My boiii is killing.

18 years old...What to say.

We got new Alphonso Davies.

Isn't Alonso 2 year deal?

Pedro Porro, Frimpong or wait fkr Reecee James.

mc_lovin

Yeah, what's not to like. I love his profile as well, a pacy, athletic fullback is always welcome. Plus he makes Alba look absolutely miserable on the bench.

gregorrin10

My boiii is killing.

18 years old...What to say.

We got new Alphonso Davies.

Isn't Alonso 2 year deal?

Pedro Porro, Frimpong or wait fkr Reecee James.

James is impossible to get, as much as I'd love him here. Just about to extend with Chelsea to 2028 too, and will most likely stay there his whole career. Alonso is not a 2 year deal.

Pedro Porro is a good shout as well, also wouldn't be that expensive (30-40M). A lot of good RB options for next summer coming from these mid level European clubs (Sporting, Leverkusen, Lyon), where we wouldn't have to break the bank to get them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Possibly Vanderson, Malo Gusto too. They have enough time to scout for the proper replacement. This team is a CDM, RB and a legit pacy LW option away from complete.

Home of Barca Fans