3 - Alejandro Balde

jamrock

How many FB are stars at 18 or show crazy ability?.

It's probably the toughest position to move from youth to seniors on the pitch, that and goalkeeper.

khaled_a_d

Look at fullback market in general. It's crap.

Not many players who are truly great

Well, that means that good ones makes even bigger difference because they are rare.
If you want to build great teams, you need great fullbacks.
It is the position we should be more ambitious, not settle

jamrock

More ambitious than a 18 year old with about 6 starts in top flight football, that could easily become WC with proper development?.

I can't even remember the last time I FB was seen as truly special at 17-18 and played that way at the highest level.

Porque

Invisible also means that defensively nothing is being produced down his side.

Have to monitor how he progresses. We have seen other fullbacks like Semedo and Dest have good honeymoon periods and then return to their level.

Joan

Invisible also means that defensively nothing is being produced down his side.

Yeah, I was also thinking that. But as a casual observer you don't pay too much attention to players who are barely involved. He might be doing well holding his ground or not be actually challenged. None of us could probably tell the difference if they didn't pay him closer attention. Or saw him exposed against better opponents. We'll know soon enough, that's for sure.

Co0ter

Dont care if he's young and it's Elche, he should be our number 1 choice and given most games to continue to develop. He has the physical abilities and IQ to be what we need him to be.

Now to sign a proper RB who can defend first, attack second.

The difficult part will be keeping 4 in form CBs all happy.

Home of Barca Fans