3 - Alejandro Balde

Neeraj

His cross and IQ was always poor. Remmeber calling it out even wheh he was supposedly having a great season. Problem is othrr parts of his game have also regressed, to add to his 0 iq.

He just kicks the ball blindly, I don't think he has any awareness whatsoever of who is where. I really do think he can become a decent defensive fullback if coached and guided properly. I have no hope for him ever being useful in attack - his 1 v 1 is non existent too. A good defensive LB with pave to recover and carry balls out when facing pressure - thsts what he should strive to become.

Temptation

Alonso has 0 legs before the surgery.

Now an amputee like Romeu
Atleast he can cross, pass, shoot and head.

Balde without pace is not even a professional Footballer.

When he got into the team, I actually liked him. Looked like a lesser version of Davies. Currently, he's just terrible.

JamDav1982

Final ball was pish but he is much much better positionally with FDJ on that left hand side and allowed to get forward as was last season.

JamDav1982

There is no way round it.. Barca need Balde to take the width tactically as have no LW or pace out there.

FDJ on the left at DM to structure that side and get Balde up the park.

The LW needs to then be closer to the CF to get more men in box and have more targets for Balde to try and learn to cross the ball to.

Big time needs to work on his crossing but Barca also need to provide more options than a cut back to one isolated leggy CF....Ferran/Roque need to be played at LW/CF more often and forced to get in and around box.

Other than final ball yesterday was about the best Balde has looked this season in terms of having any idea of what he is being expected to do. Pinning a LW to touchline ahead of him doesnt work.

Porque

Atleast he can cross, pass, shoot and head.

Balde without pace is not even a professional Footballer.

When he got into the team, I actually liked him. Looked like a lesser version of Davies. Currently, he's just terrible.

There is a reason these pacy players are fullbacks and not wingers.

As long as he is strong defensively and not a complete Michael Reizeger offensively, then I am happy to persist with Balde through this rough patch.

Maybe a different coach could train him with better end product.

But at Barcelona we have had fullbacks like Digne who looked awful offensively, then went to the Prem and was fantastic offensively. Our often lethargic slow transition offence negates the offensive contribution of the fullback. Unless of course we have highly technical possession based options like Alves, who are very very hard to find.

Gnidrologist

He should play as fully defensive FB, who only supports attack as far as it's moving the ball up the field with his speed and giving it ASAP to more creative players then moving back to his natural position. Too dumb to be creative FB. The geezer Alba would be more effective in attack in this current squad, but he can't defend anymore. Let Cancello or anyone else be the attacking fullback. Even Araujo creates more, when tanks down the flank. Unfortunate, but that's how it is. But of course, need to take into account the Xernandez Bros tax. Everybody is shit at the moment. Maybe he can be elevated by actual professional coach.

Home of Barca Fans