3 - Alejandro Balde

serghei

Seems like last season was a fluke. His actual level is not as high as believed. This is why it is important to have a sample size of more then just a few months.

Has a lot of improving to do.

Porque

Completely normal for young players to have a drop off though.

Actually think Balde to CB is a decent call and a very high potential option, but the circumstances of putting him in there for yesterdays game was all wrong.

serghei

Completely normal for young players to have a drop off though.

Actually think Balde to CB is a decent call and a very high potential option, but the circumstances of putting him in there for yesterdays game was all wrong.

True, but some had the impression he is already a top player. Not quite.

Porque

Yeah but it also normal for people to say that having been one of the top fullbacks in Europe last season.

By the end of this season he may very well get his shit together and push Cancelo back to RB. Afterall we just shipped 4 goals against Girona with Joao being at LB, Kounde being at RB and Balde also being CB.

So all of the systemic praise for the Joao move to LB may have been greatly exaggerated.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Seems like last season was a fluke. His actual level is not as high as believed. This is why it is important to have a sample size of more then just a few months.

Has a lot of improving to do.
One of the most stupid things I've read. He's 20.

JohnN

He played in a position no one understood, not even him, not even Xavi. It would make more sense to use him as inverted rb and keep Chris in while subbing off Kounde.
With systems like this I will attribute no fault on him.

serghei

Yeah but it also normal for people to say that having been one of the top fullbacks in Europe last season.

Seems like the sample-size was too small. That has to be considered also.

Estimations about our squad being top is based mainly on overrating these kids to high heavens already. Pedri, Balde, Gavi, in the past Ansu, now Lamine... you see the pattern.

Not one of these is actually proven vs serious competition in Europe.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Playing terribly but also an example of bad management from the coach. Balde should be a pass and run player. Quick one-two's, sharp runs off the ball, overlaps, low crosses. Rinse and repeat.

But it's up to the manager to understand that and to set it up so he can play like that.

If not you will have him dribbling on the edge of the box, taking way too many touches and overall just looking confused in everything he does.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Playing terribly but also an example of bad management from the coach. Balde should be a pass and run player. Quick one-two's, sharp runs off the ball, overlaps, low crosses. Rinse and repeat.

But it's up to the manager to understand that and to set it up so he can play like that.

If not you will have him dribbling on the edge of the box, taking way too many touches and overall just looking confused in everything he does.
Completely agree with that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Was poor but Think he’s playing less conservative than a few games before. hopefully confidence comes back.

Givenchy

I fear he is just low IQ in decision making. Still young and I still have hope but he isn't really progressing as I expected.

Home of Barca Fans