32 - Héctor Fort

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Not convinced, he’s depth fodder that can and should be upgraded
We can't and shouldn't upgrade all at once. Forte is good enough backup, let's focus on getting an LB - than we can look in too rest of the defense... and like jammy says, with Landry coming through it makes even less sense.

Gazzznigga

We can't and shouldn't upgrade all at once. Forte is good enough backup, let's focus on getting an LB - than we can look in too rest of the defense... and like jammy says, with Landry coming through it makes even less sense.
On the contrary, the right full back position is weaker than the left side. A lot of you guys rate Kounde that highly, but I do not. He just has not met capable opposition to exploit his weaknesses yet. Positioning, speed, recovery, clearances and interceptions in the box are not so convincing yet. Balde is even more comforting, as poor as he had been.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Kid is just 18 and held his own at one of the tougher stadiums in Spain.
And yet some guys don't think he's good enough as backup.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If you don't rate kounde and/or Balde.

You are wrong.
I rate Balde, as a rotation/squad player for now. He might not have any more gears - we need an extra solid LB anyway, even if it'll be rotation/backup for Balde. RB position is more than ok for now with Fort as backup...

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

He's decent, and that's fine. You also need reliable bench players, and it's better to have a young academy player like him than an old guy on high wages. He's proven to be solid and will develop further in the future.

Birdy

Solid performance. Flick finally trusts him more

Not sure he started trusting him:

@BarcaSpaces
·
3h

Kounde not starting today was not a rotation, but a 'punishment'. He didn’t arrive on time to the pre-match talk, so Flick decided to do a change. The German had already warned about punctuality on other occasions - so, today, he took action.
@tjuanmarti

Andresito

Staff member
Kid is just 18 and held his own at one of the tougher stadiums in Spain.
And yet some guys don't think he's good enough as backup.
He also did well vs Atletico away last season.

In Liga he's certainly enough to rest Kounde. I'd however be worried if we will have to rely on him in latter CL stages.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I have patience & I also recognize the squad depth limitations, I am merely pointing out Fort won’t be a long-term solution even as a backup. Whether it is Landry or any other cantera player, better option at RB needed

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He also did well vs Atletico away last season.

In Liga he's certainly enough to rest Kounde. I'd however be worried if we will have to rely on him in latter CL stages.

Definitely. Had some great cameos as LB under Xavi. Flick should use him there as well before Martin.

Home of Barca Fans