32 - Héctor Fort

I think Flick rates him but the issue is Kounde may actually be the best RB in the world at current form rn. With Kounde in there at Rb we not only have a competent RB but we also essentially have another CB to help out with our high line.

Nothing wrong with. being a back up to one of the best in the world :shrug:

MontenegrinCuler

I think Flick rates him but the issue is Kounde may actually be the best RB in the world at current form rn. With Kounde in there at Rb we not only have a competent RB but we also essentially have another CB to help out with our high line.

Nothing wrong with. being a back up to one of the best in the world :shrug:
Yea but Fort can also play LB, and he plays it really good

Balde is on absolutely shit form and his backup Martin is an absolutely shit player, so naturally you'd expect Fort to be given a chance on LB spot

companyofcules

Fort is a RB as Kounde is a CB.
His best games were LB. By far.
Probably that's why we buy Sharks and Tigers, our scounting and talent assessment has the IQ of a marshmallow.
Fort should have never played RB in his entire career after his LB performance vs Bilbao
That was 200 percent better than Balde's top performances.
Fort was a key player in reviving Xavi's chances of staying.

MontenegrinCuler

Said it before, if Balde doesn't improve his form - Fort should take his place in starting 11. That should be a wakeup call for Balde.

If Balde wants to improve, of course it's never too late to impress in minutes Flick would give him as a Fort sub.

Gerard Martin should be completely out of this business.

mc_lovin

I am afraid to ask, but why are people so high on Fort? He looks a decent talent, but just that. Feels like cult hero Puig at this point :lol:

MontenegrinCuler

I am afraid to ask, but why are people so high on Fort? He looks a decent talent, but just that. Feels like cult hero Puig at this point :lol:
What more do you need than a decent talent? Gerard Martin is the exact opposite of a decent talent and Balde is on a very bad form - that coupled with the fact Fort has had some really good games on LB last season makes him a natural fit for LB position for at least some minutes this season. But he's not even a backup, instead sitting on the bench and getting garbage 5 or 6 minutes where he can't prove himself.

mc_lovin

Like that infamous Puig vs Atletico game :lol:

The sample size is just nonexistant. Gerard Martin is a bum, but he looks physically developed. Coaches like that.

MontenegrinCuler

Puig was actually very good talent tbh, I don't know why are you bringing him up. His issues were of behavioral nature. He wasn't ready to give it all and hence went to MLS. No indications Fort is that same character so far.

mc_lovin

But Puig didn't deserve to get minutes. That's the point. There's an apparent division what coaches and fans see in Fort (like with Puig back then).

companyofcules

Stop this fuckery. Fort was the only reason Xavi didn't got the boot alongside Cubarsi
Balde is a nice runner but that's all. Gerard is Secunda level

companyofcules

The small sample is due to Xavi not betting on the right horse and playing Cancelo after Fort saved his ass. Told you all blunties that Cancelo over Fort will end us in UCL.

Playing so good against Atletico and Bilbao is a small sample if you ignore they are in the top 4.
Yeah he might be worse than that but for sure is not worse that getting demolished every day by average players.
A fraud can't excel against the top.

jamrock

Said it before, if Balde doesn't improve his form - Fort should take his place in starting 11. That should be a wakeup call for Balde.

If Balde wants to improve, of course it's never too late to impress in minutes Flick would give him as a Fort sub.

Gerard Martin should be completely out of this business.
Say what now

jamrock

Only thing I would say is, if flick believes DOM and Martin are solid back ups under the circumstances, then fort should definitely be playing because he's better than both.

I don't know nothing about all this challenging blade non sense though, I'm not touching that with a 10000 ft pole.

Home of Barca Fans