4 - Ronald Araújo

Maradona37

Narcos is top can highly recommend it

didnt see Sicario, will note it :thinking:

BCS another great serie :quemiras:
Thanks, I will get to it eventually.

There's loads. They're on hold right now but I am watching various shows. Some I am getting into are Mad Men, Black Sails (seen most of it several years ago but on a rewatch), Black Mirror. I'd like to watch Sherlock too and the Attenborough nature documentaries. And many many more.

I'd really recommend the Twilight Zone if you don't mind older and black and white stuff.

Temptation

I didn't know what you meant then until I read up, lol.

It's without doubt one of the best shows ever, yes, although I am a sucker for cartel stuff anyway (not seen Narcos yet but you should watch Sicario by Denis Villeneuve if not seen it yet). Interestingly, though, and I am not sure if this is unpopular - but I think Better Call Saul might be even better (haven't seen the last season yet so no spoilers).

We are in the golden age of television anyway. So many brilliant, brilliant shows from all over the world, both live-action and animated. There's no need to pick a best ever but the Wire is probably the most technically brilliant from what I have watched.
BB is better than BCS so it is an unpopular opinion.

BCS is a brilliant show though and some technical aspects like cinematography, editing is even better than BB but BB is still the superior show overall.

BCS is a sluggish character study/character driven show. It's brilliant but lacks the thrills, pace, suspense, entertainment value and the fascinating mysterious nature of BB. BB is simply the GOAT and absolute dynamite from the Pilot to the finale.

You show the Pilot episode of BB to anyone and it's almost guaranteed that they'll be hooked on to the show straight away without any questions. This is what separates it from other all time great shows like BCS and Wire.

Maradona37

BB is better than BCS so it is an unpopular opinion.

BCS is a brilliant show though and some technical aspects like cinematography, editing is even better than BB but BB is still the superior show overall.

BCS is a sluggish character study/character driven show. It's brilliant but lacks the thrills, pace, suspense, entertainment value and the fascinating mysterious nature of BB. BB is simply the GOAT and absolute dynamite from the Pilot to the finale.

You show the Pilot episode of BB to anyone and it's almost guaranteed that they'll be hooked on to the show straight away without any questions. This is what separates it from other all time great shows like BCS and Wire.
That's true, but with stuff of this quality I don't think we can categorically say one is definitely better than the other.

Also, your argument (while not wrong) can also be said to be that BB appeals to a more mainstream audience because it's pure entertainment, whereas the other two are more what cinephiles or long-term show addicts with would like. That is a simplistic, misleading argument though, because BB isn't just Fast and the Furious - it's very cleverly written and has much substance AS WELL AS the suspense, thrills and pace.

Temptation

That's true, but with stuff of this quality I don't think we can categorically say one is definitely better than the other.

Also, your argument (while not wrong) can also be said to be that BB appeals to a more mainstream audience because it's pure entertainment, whereas the other two are more what cinephiles or long-term show addicts with would like. That is a simplistic, misleading argument though, because BB isn't just Fast and the Furious - it's very cleverly written and has much substance AS WELL AS the suspense, thrills and pace.
BB appeals to everybody. Casuals, cinephiles, long term show addicts, people who have no interest in these shows.....you name it!

The writing and the acting is just phenomenal. It also has a bit of everything to offer. Vince Gilligan is a genius.

How dare you even mention garbage like Fast and Furious in the same post?! :lol:
I wasn't implying that at all!

Maradona37

BB appeals to everybody. Casuals, cinephiles, long term show addicts, people who have no interest in these shows.....you name it!

The writing and the acting is just phenomenal. It also has a bit of everything to offer. Vince Gilligan is a genius.

How dare you even mention garbage like Fast and Furious in the same post?! :lol:
I wasn't implying that at all!
I know you weren't, that is why I used it as an example - to show that, some people might like it more because it has more of that type of stuff in it, (and done far better) while also having all the deeper stuff of the Wire.

Gazzznigga

Because he cost us a spot in ucl final
Gosh!!!
How else does a deluded Barca/Xavi fan boy get it into their skulls that inept coaching was the cause of that loss, and not Araujo?

A comedian for a coach, was in charge of Barca for the last 2 and half seasons.

Even if Barca defeated PSG, there was no way that team, under Xavi, would have survived Dortmund, talkmore of reaching the final.

Last edited:

Blanco

It looks like he is still angry that fans/teammates/club accused him for the defeat against PSG. Somebody has to tell him that he has to beg for forgiveness and not the other way around. Rate him as a defender, but he is handling this situation terribly.

Home of Barca Fans