4 - Ronald Araújo

JamDav1982

Because he's not fancy enough on the ball :lol:. He's an actual defender other than a ballerina who folds when an attacker actually engages them in a duel.

Mingueza is decent on the ball...his issue so far has been how rash and reckless he looks.

To put him in a back two is risky as he tries to win anything that moves. He made a lot more errors last season than folk seem to remember and even when on booking still couldnt seem to curb the urge to go in all guns blazing.

Teams were targetting Mingueza at RCB last season towards the end as his positioning and rashness was being exposed.

From last season he would be better as back up RB or last choice CB than going in a CB two.

Mingueza not playing has zero to do with what he does on the ball. He is good enough on the ball.

serghei

Could we slot him in RB and have a back for of
Miguenza - Araujo - Garcia - Balde?
On paper, I kind of like this setup.

Good idea since Dest is injured. But Dest is worth investing in.

Dest - Balde should be the pair to go long-term with. Hopefully, they get a top manager and will develop the way we want and expect them to.

Araujo - Mingueza as CB pair vs physically stronger and faster teams for me. Garcia can play against slower, more technical, or older opposition. The man is just too much of a softie to have a chance against lean, mean, fast attackers. You can't be a CB at a high level if you don't have the required physical attributes, and Garcia lacks both speed and power.

Pique can be of some use from the bench. Same as Busi really.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

but that still doesn't mean he's great, when you look outside of Barca. He does show great promise for a 22-year old though.

He isn't great but he is solid tbh. I think while he isn't a top 5 or elite CB, he can be good starting one in most big teams.
And we have very few of those

Rory

Araujo is the sort of centre back opposition forwards will look at and dread to play against. Not because he?s exceptional but because he?ll beat you in the physical battle. He?s aware of his misgivings on the ball so doesn?t try anything too fancy.

He?s 22. The age you become a top level centre back is still years away for him. He also seems to have his head screwed on and you can see his passion for the club.

Of course that alone isn?t enough, but if we push Araujo, tell pique he can become a full time clown instead of a part time one then we could mould a world class centre back.

Garcia could be the perfect foil to him although I don?t have high hopes for him

Joan

He isn't great but he is solid tbh. I think while he isn't a top 5 or elite CB, he can be good starting one in most big teams.
And we have very few of those

Agree with this. He already seems very solid to me, not in terms of potential, but current level. He's somewhat weak with the ball which is obvious but doesn't let opposing players take advantage of it. Bar some major injuries problems, think we're looking at a future starter.

Birdy

Beast for his age:

E_uMSJwWUAUe-rb

All that talk about him not being good on the ball, comes mainly from Barca-DNA purists who don't get modern football, who would prefer Garcia and Pique to start all matches and get ridiculed by most pacey teams out there

ajnotkeith

Spends too much time in the weight room according to some on here. Or maybe he is one of our only players who seems to understand how important athleticism is in today's game.

Home of Barca Fans