4 - Ronald Araújo

FinBarcelonafan

Best defender in the team, wish we had more guys like him. Its easier for him to learn the technical and passing side of the game, than it is for someone like Garcia to get his physicality and attitude.

Garcia is finished. He will never be a top defender being physically too weak/slow. He ain't two times smarter than his opponents.. Sadly.

Porque

He has a bad habit of dropping behind the defensive line because he knows he can more often than not beat his man in a one on one.

Today it cost the second goal. Lewa would be offside if he kept on the defensive line.

Othwr than that a good game.

khaled_a_d

He has a bad habit of dropping behind the defensive line because he knows he can more often than not beat his man in a one on one.

Today it cost the second goal. Lewa would be offside if he kept on the defensive line.

Othwr than that a good game.

Well, 2nd goal would have never been scored if there was a DM covering Musiala and the other 2 CB didn't have to leave their position to block his shot

JamDav1982

First two goals Busquets had done his usual impression of a toddler following the ball and vacating are he should be protecting.

Bobo32

Hey Bobo.. credit where is due and all that..

You should quote or mention, but I luckily saw this anyway.

He had a decent game for his standards, I saw he was Barca MOTM...
Some people likes his style. If it was Pique missing the block on 0-3 he would be blamed... 0-2 didn't look good for Araujo as mentioned. He is poor in buildup.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, don't rate him as high as some here. But I do see the potential. Could become more than solid CB with experience.

Messi983

Still don't see him as starter quality. But would be good to have him in the squad.

As a starter quality in a team that will hopefully again be competitive in the CL in a few years? Maybe not but could get there. It's very important to find him the right CB partner for that though. And obviously Araujo staying healthy which he's had problems with so far.

As a starter in this current rebuilding team? Absolutely yes. Which two current CBs do you rate ahead of him?

malvolio

As a starter quality in a team that will hopefully again be competitive in the CL in a few years? Maybe not but could get there. It's very important to find him the right CB partner for that though. And obviously Araujo staying healthy which he's had problems with so far.

As a starter in this current rebuilding team? Absolutely yes. Which two current CBs do you rate ahead of him?

I don't rate him as better than Lenglet or Pique right now. But agree he can start for the current team.

Bobo32

Only guy with the proper mentality. Maybe Mingueza too.

Maybe he should've kicked and screamed at Pedri and Frenkie at 0-3 today, just as he did with that chair when there were other people suffering on the pitch...
These two midfielders stood calmly and defended the half-circle while Bayern were 4v3 in the penalty area...

JohnN

[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]
He schooled Lewa and Sane a couple of times (man to man), while having zero cover by the midfield and saved our asses plenty of times.
Also, he showed exactly the same spirit as on that video you were talking about, so that's what I am referring to in the previous post.
But I know, this team has so high standards right now, many consider him average. Newsflash, he is on of the best players in the squad currently, even if he is no prime Puyol.

Home of Barca Fans