barça amor d mi alma
Puyol crying... :p frm barcastuff

tumblr_m3kzadolzO1r6x5gvo1_500.gif

B

barcelonista

Out of the Euros then. Pique-horse partnership. This will be fun. :lol:

B

barcelonista

What is more worrying: Puyol is getting his second knee injury within a year. With 34. I hope Barca is not arrogant enough to believe we'll win anything next season with only Pique, Mascherano and Puyol for 2 positions ...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
his physical health is a problem, but clearly this surgery is being done now with an eye to him being fit for next season.

with Bartra and Muniesa being promoted, we have enough quality in the team to cover the CB slot as long as Puyol remains somewhat healthy (and buying a CB would just shit on the promising career Bartra has ahead of him - he's even fast!) but if he's gonna be a complete crock then we will need another CB, I think. but it would have to be extreme and I don't know that it's that bad yet.

if you accept Piqué and Badger as starters, and Bartra and Muniesa as their promising backups, what you need is a go-between. a reliable 3rd option. now that should be the wily veteran Puyol, but it only can be if he stays relatively fit. if he's used less, that will help with that too.

Home of Barca Fans