5 - Carles Puyol

Blue Demon

Sad news. This worries me for next year though. I hope they have in mind someone to fill in Puyol's shoes, at least someone with experience to rotate throughout the year.

M

mitkoa7x

I just turned on the TV and heard it on Al Jazeera.. was drinking water at the time, I spit all over the room

Speedy recovery Puyi!

I think this injury came from overusing him.

P

PhilS

Two games a week, pretty much every week, of course a 34 year old breaks down. For older athletes, complete recovery from these surguries is not a sure thing. If Puyol could play in half of Barca's games for a couple more years, that would be the best we could realistically hope for. He needs to retire from the national team.

This summer, Barca has to buy another CB good enough to start for a team of this caliber. With 60 or so games a year, plus heavy international duty, Barca has to have at least one and a half lineups of first-line level players.

M

mitkoa7x

Two games a week, pretty much every week, of course a 34 year old breaks down. For older athletes, complete recovery from these surguries is not a sure thing. If Puyol could play in half of Barca's games for a couple more years, that would be the best we could realistically hope for. He needs to retire from the national team.

This summer, Barca has to buy another CB good enough to start for a team of this caliber. With 60 or so games a year, plus heavy international duty, Barca has to have at least one and a half lineups of first-line level players.

He already underwent a knee surgery last summer.

ammarfcb

ze special one
disgusted-oh-god-why-text-l.png

Maria

his physical health is a problem, but clearly this surgery is being done now with an eye to him being fit for next season.

with Bartra and Muniesa being promoted, we have enough quality in the team to cover the CB slot as long as Puyol remains somewhat healthy (and buying a CB would just shit on the promising career Bartra has ahead of him - he's even fast!) but if he's gonna be a complete crock then we will need another CB, I think. but it would have to be extreme and I don't know that it's that bad yet.

if you accept Piqué and Badger as starters, and Bartra and Muniesa as their promising backups, what you need is a go-between. a reliable 3rd option. now that should be the wily veteran Puyol, but it only can be if he stays relatively fit. if he's used less, that will help with that too.

:lol:

Seriously, do you watched them this season in Segunda? Muniesa was a walking desaster and Bartra wasn't capable of deffending against over 30 y.o. who have played in that league their whole life. We need to buy someone who can be a starter for Barca in a CL QF or SF..Puyol should be just a back-up CB from next season.

Anyaway, I'm sad for Puyi and for our CdR chances, but I can't say I feel the same for Spain..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Anyaway, I'm sad for Puyi and for our CdR chances, but I can't say I feel the same for Spain..
I definitely don't feel sorry fro Spain... mother fuckers(Sorry for swearing, but they deserve it Bojan!) don't realise the advantage they get with the likes of Puyi, Pique, Busi, Xavi, Iniesta & Pedro playing for them. They feel happy fucking us over :angry:

I hope Pique, Xavi and especially Busi distance themselves from the Spain NT too!!

viper76

I definitely don't feel sorry fro Spain... mother fuckers(Sorry for swearing, but they deserve it Bojan!) don't realise the advantage they get with the likes of Puyi, Pique, Busi, Xavi, Iniesta & Pedro playing for them. They feel happy fucking us over :angry:

I hope Pique, Xavi and especially Busi distance themselves from the Spain NT too!!

+1

without barca players Spain will go out from the groups stages

Home of Barca Fans