5 - Carles Puyol

barcanuck

@BarcaStat
Tonight, Puyol played his 666th official game in his career at senior level (Barca: 567, Spain: 99)

The number of the beast :p

Puyol is a beast! He will forever hunt down forwards with his barbarian style. I noticed he lost a step today in speed, but he's still not in full mid season form yet from all the bloody injuries. El Capitan is going to play another 666 games if he had it his way!

SeloBarca

A bit of his leadermentality is shown right at the start of the game where the captains greet the referees.
Ive studied some sportsspychology and our teacher said one of the things you can do to boost your teams confidence is to show your team who is the superior leader by beeing the first to greet everyone.

Puyol always greet the referee on the the far side before the other teams captain does, setting the mark from the start. :)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
A bit of his leadermentality is shown right at the start of the game where the captains greet the referees.
Ive studied some sportsspychology and our teacher said one of the things you can do to boost your teams confidence is to show your team who is the superior leader by beeing the first to greet everyone.

Puyol always greet the referee on the the far side before the other teams captain does, setting the mark from the start. :)

The match AC Milan vs Arsenal at the San Siro sprung straight into my head then, Clarence Seedorf & Robin Van Persie came to greet the refs & shake hands, Seedorf was the most relaxed man shaking everyone's hand making the refs laugh & smiling where as Van Persie was very awkward/Anxious, i knew as soon as i saw this we'd win the match. We won 4-0.

karthik

During one Benfica counter, he read the game exceptionally to interrupt the through ball. Decent game overall

Stric

If I was a forward, Puyol would be the last defender I'd want to confront.

[YOUTUBE]zv6q8s9lqFo[/YOUTUBE]

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Just read on ESPN website that Puyol is hoping Barca draw Milan in the Champions League last 16 because he likes playing them and admires them.

SeloBarca

I can just imagine the pain running into Puyol as an attacker. Like a brick wall
puyol-4.jpg

Wish i was that fit :(

F

Flavia

Tito said he was a precaution. The commentators said he felt something on his right thigh/leg.

Home of Barca Fans