5 - Carles Puyol

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Puyol always steps up in these big game, he was the best defender on the pitch last night IMO, a real class act. Sad really that there will be matches he'll be on the bench.

what?

no.

he wasn't BAD, but he was much sloppier than piqué and was caught out of position and making stupid decisions a few times.

beef-supreme

what?

no.

he wasn't BAD, but he was much sloppier than piqué and was caught out of position and making stupid decisions a few times.

I think Piqué was much better going forwards, but also that he was sloppier in crucial moments. Puyol had some typical no brain diving in tackles, but he also covered for Piqué after a few of his mistakes. But all this goes with my opinion that they both played quite well.

Evil

Shabazz
what?

no.

:confused: ?! I thought Pique was the one who was a little sloppy in defense, Puyol was the one making all the interceptions and actually kept up with the pace of Eto'o. Both we're good, but I honestly think Puyol performed extremely well, like he always does in the CL games.

beef-supreme

:confused: ?! I thought Pique was the one who was a little sloppy in defense, Puyol was the one making all the interceptions and actually kept up with the pace of Eto'o. Both we're good, but I honestly think Puyol performed extremely well, like he always does in the CL games.

+1

Evil

Shabazz
As much as I like Pique, and him being the best defender in our squad atm, I still think Puyol was better in the Inter match, I mean give the guy credit when he deserves it. Pique was better upfront, but in defense it was Puyol without a doubt, he made countless interceptions and kept both Milito and Eto'o under control, and rarely got caught.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
the arrival of chyggy is at a great time. seeing as he won't be in the champs league he'll HAVE to get game time in the liga games. our replacement is sorted!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
As much as I like Pique, and him being the best defender in our squad atm, I still think Puyol was better in the Inter match, I mean give the guy credit when he deserves it. Pique was better upfront, but in defense it was Puyol without a doubt, he made countless interceptions and kept both Milito and Eto'o under control, and rarely got caught.

his reading of the game is unrivalled

Galning

Him sitting on the bench for 90mins is just a disgrace. Atleast he had some fun with Abidal. I loved his smile when the referee fell, haha :D He was trying to hide it with his hand, but he clearly failed.

Watching Barça without Puyi is just not the same, if ?Chygrinskiy? isn't going to improve his game I don't see why Puyol has to be on the bench.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
dude.

he is being rested due to giving Chiggy a chance to incorporate into a team. it's not disgrace at all
you speak of Chiggy improving his game whilst it's only his second game in this jersey, and he was brilliant in his debut
give it time.. I'm sure Puyol is going to get lots of playing time, and there are times he will be benched, especially in La Liga, so get used to it.

Galning

dude.
you speak of Chiggy improving his game whilst it's only his second game in this jersey, and he was brilliant in his debut
give it time.. I'm sure Puyol is going to get lots of playing time, and there are times he will be benched, especially in La Liga, so get used to it.

He was brilliant in his debut, well he sucked yesterday.
And everyone who says "It's only his second game": I agree, but I remember everyone saying Ibra has to play better from game 1. Eventhough he has 3goals & 1 assist in only 3domestic games.

And I'm not sure if Puyol will get much playing time this season. And neither is he, that's why he isn't signing that contract.

FlyLo

dude.

he is being rested due to giving Chiggy a chance to incorporate into a team. it's not disgrace at all
Exactly. And honestly: I don't think Puyol minds to miss out on a few games at his age. Just look how happy he still looked on the bench last night, joking with Abidal and the other subs.

Home of Barca Fans