5 - Carles Puyol

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Muniesa, from his limited appearances for the first team, hasn't been anywhere near as promising as he's projected to be... moreover knowing Pep, Muniesa still got 3 good years to get into the team!!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Puyol was 21 when he made his debut for the first team, Muniesa was 17...he has enough time

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Puyol was 21 when he made his debut for the first team, Muniesa was 17...he has enough time

that's what I said... but man he is in a real delicate situation, like Messi did!! And did he really have to win a red card in his first appearance, coming on as a sub!? Just like the other guy did!? (though for the club in Muniesa's case, but a senior appearance nonetheless!!)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I was replying to Estel rather than yourself, as you're clearly happy to see how things work out for Muniesa, rather than jumping to conclusions. :p

I agree with what you said, actually. Muniesa looks infinitely comfortable at right-back, left-back or in the middle. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some games in the Copa at right-back and see how he does.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
lol myrme... that's what I was saying!! Did I at any point say he's not a good player!? I just said he's got a huge hype for a player who's had very, very limited first team minutes

barca96

lol myrme... that's what I was saying!! Did I at any point say he's not a good player!? I just said he's got a huge hype for a player who's had very, very limited first team minutes

i think the hype comes from the performances in the athletic team.
same goes for gai, jds, thiago etc..

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Barça Athletic actually has a whole crop of talented youngsters coming through. The problem with Muniesa as of late has been the fact that he's been far too often on the sidelines, and he had already been injured twice (if my memory serves me correct) this season, which boht had been 1-2 month lay offs.

Hope, though, that he'll be able to fulfil his potential at one point.

Last edited:

nickd

Puyol: a game away from Rexach

FC Barcelona captain Carles Puyol is about to equal the number of league games played by Carles Rexach in a Barça shirt. The former manager made 331 appearances, and Puyol is now on 330.

If Pep Guardiola picks him on Sunday, Puyol will become the player with the third highest number of league appearances in club history, tied with Rexach.

Carles Rexach played from 1967/68 to 1980/81, and in his 331 matches, scored 82 goals and won the League Championship (1973/74) and the Cup Winners Cup (1978/79), among other honours.

ALSO CHASING MIGUELI

The current captain has been at FCB since 1999/2000 and in this time has won three League titles, two Champions Leagues and a Clubs World Cup, as well as host of other titles.

The man who has played the most league games for the club continues to be Migueli, who played an extraordinary 391 games, followed by Xavi Hernández, with 352.

X

Xavi_Puyol_lover

HE'S AMAZING.
and today, just wow.
We're so lucky to have him.

Home of Barca Fans