6 - Gavi

topt

I'd say Musiala is a game changer and standout, Bellingham i'm not so sure. Very good midfielder but as always in football the hype goes into overdrive. Bellingham is definitely mature beyond his years though.

Musiala can dribble about 4 players and score out of nothing.

well, the kid is Dortmund captain at 19, he has 4 goals in 4 CL games this season

fergus90

well, the kid is Dortmund captain at 19, he has 4 goals in 4 CL games this season

True and he's doing very well i just don't think he's particularly a game changer in that sense. Very dependable player though.

Would be great for Klopp's Liverpool.

Jadentheman

You know Cama, Bellingham, and Musiala are all currently clear-cut above him. This was an award out of politics. Even Saka is clear, and he wasn't even top 5 because Arsenal isn't a UCL team.

Gavi is only a starter because there is no one else on the current roster in that spot. He's literally there without competition. Ding Dong should be starting over him on a technicality, but you know politics again.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You know Cama, Bellingham, and Musiala are all currently clear-cut above him. This was an award out of politics. Even Saka is clear, and he wasn't even top 5 because Arsenal isn't a UCL team.

Gavi is only a starter because there is no one else on the current roster in that spot. He's literally there without competition. Ding Dong should be starting over him on a technicality, but you know politics again.

What do you mean by politics here?

Barcilliant

Yep, it's Catalan agenda. Gavi is very good but De Jong and Kessie should be starting over him. Musiala and Bellingham are above him for sure. This is why people hate us. We have a great brand and it's easier to win individual awards at this club. A big reason why Lewandowski came here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Musiala is an elite talent but played 1458 minutes in the BuLi last season and started like 12 games only. He's not in the conversation for it this year but might win next year.

Personally I believe Bellingham should have won simply because I think he had a bigger impact, but for all the people yelling "Catalan propaganda" like a bunch of clowns in here......this award is voted for by former Ballon d'Or winners. So guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Modric, Zidane etc. voted for this.

And a lot of these guys not only did not play for Barcelona, but also had Barcelona as their direct rivals during their time.

serghei

Gavi and Pedri are starting to get the wrath of the fans who expect them to play like Kroos, Modric, Bernardo, De Bruyne, Kimmich etc.

Not their fault a club like Barca made them into full time starters too early. Ideally they should have a seasoned player ahead of them to get the pressure of crazed fans. But when you sign likes of Turan, Gomes, Coutinho...

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I can understand why people disagree with Gavi being chosen ahead of the likes of Bellingham and Musiala, but to say it is a product of politics and blaming it on the Catalans is just silly. There is zero reason for France Football and people voting for the various awards to pander to us.

serghei

Nah, they just have a high profile role in a club like Barca who is still, despite the recent years, seen as Tier A in the football world.

And they are very good obviously.

feggydinho

Yep, it's Catalan agenda. Gavi is very good but De Jong and Kessie should be starting over him. Musiala and Bellingham are above him for sure. This is why people hate us. We have a great brand and it's easier to win individual awards at this club. A big reason why Lewandowski came here.

Can't start Kessie over Gavi, man is too slow, an example is his role in Inter Milan's third goal.

So he came in as a sub in the 72nd minute but was unable to stop Gosen even when he had a head start on him before the halfway line. Gavi would've definitely found a way to stop or slow that cause he stopped Inter's attack many times in that game.

topt

Last time I checked, the Kopa award was not awarded by the Catalans, right? Why would France Football be subject to Catalan agenda, politics, bias or whatever?

well we do know Messi, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo were part of the jury

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans