6 - Gavi

Co0ter

Been saying the same things about Gavi for 2 years, except I got flamed for it because "he's only 17". He's still young, but his ability to control the midfield and awareness in general is awful. He neither knows what he wants to do ahead of time when he receives the ball nor looks up right away upon receiving it and able to make a decisive pass.

He doesn't know how to present himself into space to receive the ball, his limited touches EVERY game attests to that.

Like I said when he was first debuting for us, he plays and acts like a headless chicken. Everyone loves the heart, but heart alone doesn't make you a top class CM. Pedri presses and runs all game too, but his class on the ball was obvious from the start.

Shocking people wanted/want De Jong out and considered Gavi the better alternative not only then or now, but also in the future. The only thing more shocking is that our coach thinks he's at the level to be a starting CM for FC Barcelona and forces him into every lineup.

Asylum15

Headless chicken, zero awareness.
Admittedly bought into some of the hype but this guy isn't good enough for our first XI if we have an ounce of ambition.
He needs to develop significantly.
I absolutely fucking hate his temperment also, a constant red card waiting to happen.

mc_lovin

Won 9 ground duels yesterday. Physically he looks superior to last season.

Shame about the mistakes though.. you can play really well and make two of those and it's a shit performance (and rightfully).

JamDav1982

He will always win duels... and lose a lot and leave gaps as he charges into anything that moves.

For the second goal he tries to step in and win ball in midfield when not on and ball goes past him and break on.. he cant be doing that all the time and leaving such space.

On ball bar ten mins or so after 1-0 he was average at best and was just passing to nearest man majority of second half with no real poise or quialty to open game up.

JamDav1982

Xavis fault for overplaying such a young player?

Its what others get blamed for.

Other coaches would get blamed for injuries due to their training.

Xavi? Will get made out he is unlucky and used to justify any dropped points.

Thems the rules.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Got your wish now.

I'll celebrate when gician confirms

could only find an old image
gaviear.webp

Last edited:

mc_lovin

He was definitely overplayed, but also the last man standing more often than not. Thankfully Pedri is back in time for the meat thrasher :lol:

Hopefully it’s nothing though.

JamDav1982

He was definitely overplayed, but also the last man standing more often than not. Thankfully Pedri is back in time for the meat thrasher :lol:

Hopefully it’s nothing though.

Nah he could have been rested a lot more often last season both when he was abysmal an barely making double digit passes and when team were up etc.

Plenty opportunity to do it and played game after game.

The injury may not be related however.

Andresito

Staff member
Carrusel Deportivo have reported that Gavi picked up an injury during training on Tuesday. At this stage, it is not known how serious it is.

Andresito

Staff member
You think Gavi can surpass Ramos in terms of most caps for Spain (180)?

Gavi played 24 so far at 19 y/o.
Ramos reached 24 caps when he was 21.

Blanco

You think Gavi can surpass Ramos in terms of most caps for Spain (180)?

Gavi played 24 so far at 19 y/o.
Ramos reached 24 caps when he was 21.
Probably wont reach more than 70-80. He is playing because Spain squad is terrible. When there emerge quality midfielders he wont play anymore. Same for Barca, if FDJ, Pedri and Gundogan are not injured Gavi will not start in most of the matches if the manager is not insane. His only quality is his stamina. Some may think that his aggression is also part of his qualities, but i think that he is making a lot of stupid fouls and often getting fist half yellow cards that allow the opponent to target his zone.

mc_lovin

Probably wont reach more than 70-80. He is playing because Spain squad is terrible. When there emerge quality midfielders he wont play anymore. Same for Barca, if FDJ, Pedri and Gundogan are not injured Gavi will not start in most of the matches if the manager is not insane. His only quality is his stamina. Some may think that his aggression is also part of his qualities, but i think that he is making a lot of stupid fouls and often getting fist half yellow cards that allow the opponent to target his zone.
:lol:

Home of Barca Fans