6 - Gavi

Masetro10

People in here really think Gavi won't have a place in the team? Maybe not right out the gate with his injury. But if he is not forever damaged and 100% there is a reason he is indispensable for every manager so far. Flick would love Gavi.

Also the same people who act like the club can't fit Gavi in are the same people who moan and groan that players start every game without rest. Pedri/Gavi/Olmo/Fermin/Frenkie can all coexist and get plenty of game time. In the long run it makes the whole team better and possibly less likely for injuries playing too many games.

TheStig

People in here really think Gavi won't have a place in the team? Maybe not right out the gate with his injury. But if he is not forever damaged and 100% there is a reason he is indispensable for every manager so far. Flick would love Gavi.

Also the same people who act like the club can't fit Gavi in are the same people who moan and groan that players start every game without rest. Pedri/Gavi/Olmo/Fermin/Frenkie can all coexist and get plenty of game time. In the long run it makes the whole team better and possibly less likely for injuries playing too many games.

Of course he'll get a lot of minutes but can't see Gavi starting when everybody is healthy (if that ever happens). Olmo, Pedri and Rapniha are better as CM/CAM and Gavi is no DM even in Flick's system.

Masetro10

Of course he'll get a lot of minutes but can't see Gavi starting when everybody is healthy (if that ever happens). Olmo, Pedri and Rapniha are better as CM/CAM and Gavi is no DM even in Flick's system.
Then that's fine but Pedri and Olmo aren't going the full season I can bet the house on that. Plus it's all guess work anyways. Gavi may not even be the same intensity after the ACL.

Messi983

Somehow I doubt Gavi will hold back his intensity.

If anything he'll play even more passionate after missing out on so much football over last year. Hopefully Flick will find a way to "calm him down" while not taking anything away from his personality that makes him the player he is. At the same time his personality will probably help him with his return. While most players returning from long term injuries will be cautious I think he'll just be a fearless, a bit naive and sometimes even stupid Gavi of old when he'll step back on the pitch. Flick will need to manage his minutes when he returns because is clear kid will stil give 150% in every minute of every game so coaches will need to hold him back and protect him.

On paper we have a good enough midfield depth to not "overplay" Gavi but knowing their injury history and our "luck" it will be a luxury if we'll have all of remaining midfielders (not counting Bernal) available for a run of at least 3-5 games this season.

TheStig

I always wonder if the players do anything related to football during this long absence from playing. Gavi could take time to study tactics and positioning, skinny guys like Pedri and Bernal could use the time for upper body training and stuff like that.

Home of Barca Fans