6 - Gavi

Windhook

You need to watch him closer if you think this is a lone instance.

Well I'm glad you watch every Barca game, but you know me I see that in Gavi every game. The kid is on fire, aggressive, but you are making too much sensation out of it, believe me. Did he cause any harm to Benzema like internal bleeding? No. Did he try to put an opponent in coma like Pepe did by berserk kicking opponent in the spine/head? No. What are we talking about here are some dirty tricks that unfortunately became part of football. I'm more disgusted with Raphinha's faking a hit in the face, acting like Mendy broke 5 of his teeth.

Blanco

Gavi take Kopa trophy. This means he would remain Barca starter for some more time, which is all i want. I?ve never seen so limited starting midfielder in your squad. Yesterday i was very angry that he is not starting. He is not scoring, not assisting, not creating, cant controll a game, on top of that he is slow and lacks physicality. Only thing he is doing is ?looking like a bad boy with character? that translates in just making fouls and getting yellow cards. Numbers never lie and that guy has 18 yellow cards, 2 goals amd 5 assists in his club career. For me, with his current abilities he is for Almeria/Girona level. If Barca decline could be discribed with one player i would choose him. There were years when peak Rakitic was described as ?not barca material? and Rakitic is like 100 times better than Gavi. In the summer i wrote that the only transfer that scares me is Bernardo. The difference he would make in place of Gavi would be tremendous. I am glad the sagas with De Jong and Auba took so much time, because i think if Laporta had 4-5 more days - he was getting Bernardo too.

Andresito

Staff member
What a rollercoaster

Gavi take Kopa trophy. This means he would remain Barca starter for some more time, which is all i want.
Gavi good

I?ve never seen so limited starting midfielder in your squad.
Gavi bad

Yesterday i was very angry that he is not starting.
Gavi good

He is not scoring, not assisting, not creating, cant controll a game, on top of that he is slow and lacks physicality.
Gavi bad

giphy-downsized-large.gif

vuji_31

Kid is not ready to be starter, we should have signed B.Silva as first target not last but it is easy to talk now.

ajnotkeith

It's a shame to see him play the way he does recently. He just runs around acting the hard man and giving the other team breaks with stupid fouls, and is starting to bring very little other than work rate and hustle.

Kul_z

It's a shame to see him play the way he does recently. He just runs around acting the hard man and giving the other team breaks with stupid fouls, and is starting to bring very little other than work rate and hustle.

His energy needs to be redirected, and im not sure if xavi still is the best man do this job to help him develop. There was that one period where he was heavily involved in the final third, spinning changing directions, making good passes, and in that period he even scored couple of times. Last month he plays like a flat track bully.

BBZ8800

I know that I have often said that our players are choirboys, but Gavi went full retard lately.
50% of his duels are Vinnie Jones level of retarded tackles:

Zidane82

Great for him, but honestly crazy that Bellingham didn't win this award.

Bellingham would have been a worthy winner but Gavi has been marvellous given he?s just turned 18 a few weeks ago so he earned 13 full international caps for Spain ( and starred for them. ) and played 43 times for the Barca first team at the age of 16 and 17

Home of Barca Fans