7 - Ferran Torres

BBZ8800

Cristiano made it work pretty well with this sort of skill set. Definitely potential.

Ronaldo aged 18:
-- way faster
-- braver, willing to take on on the opponents
-- willing to take the ball and create something by himself on the wing
-- quite cocky, trolling the opponents with his tricks and dribbles
-- stronger, good both in the air and with feet

Watching young CR7 and Ferran Torres is closer to watching Messi and Halilovic.

FinBarcelonafan

Ronaldo aged 18:
-- way faster

Mbappe has very similar dribbles to Ronaldo. Funny.

Most of Ronaldo's dribbles are pretty useless though.

Torres upside isn't anywhere close to Messi and Ronaldo. Too tough comparison.

JamDav1982

Plus points so far... first touch been good, provides options and structure to team, always presses and finding space in the box.

Poor..is over thinking chances to finish or dribble and delaying it and falling on his arse too often.

serghei

Agree, technically a polished player with a reliable first touch and good vision and smart movement, but shooting has been bad and this is supposed to be a really standout quality of his. So... that has to go up until the end of the season if he is to be a success.

So, basically, stop overthinking, sort out your shooting and things will be fine. Also, you don't have to be Mbappe to trick a defender or two once you have them locked and tentative in their movement. Lesser-paced players do it all the time.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Plus points so far... first touch been good, provides options and structure to team, always presses and finding space in the box.

Poor..is over thinking chances to finish or dribble and delaying it and falling on his arse too often.

If he could add a bit of muscle(better balance) and quickness he could be very good.

He should ask tips from Adama. Exactly what he needs.

Iniesta Ultra

I always do my best to judge players without bias. I was intentionally looking for positive contributions from him today and without exaggeration found nothing worth noting. There were two quite negative contributions though. Right after Valencia's VAR overturned goal for ball out of play there was an overhit long cross to him near the box and miscalculating the effect of the ball's backspin he prematurely gave up running the ball down which he could've saved self-evident by the fact he himself attempted to re-chase the ball after giving up. Then the one goal Valencia scored he was super late defending Gil's easy cross to Soler, gave no pressure whatsoever. Am I the only witness again?

But the team played well with him on the pitch which I guess should be considered a positive.

Last edited:

Zidane82

You keep repeating that same shits about 'four operations' which makes zero sense.

What are these four operations?
This is from May 2021

#
BARCELONA LATEST
Ansu Fati: Four operations in six months
He will undergo a meniscectomy this Thursday, according to Mundo Deportivo. The internal meniscus of his left knee will be removed and he could return in six weeks.

Ansu Fati has decided to put an end to the real hell he has been living since he injured the internal meniscus of his left knee on November 2020 . After three failed arthroscopies in an attempt to save his original meniscus, the forward has decided to heed the opinions of some outside experts who advised the definitive removal of the meniscus as the only solution to his recovery problems.

delancey

This is from May 2021

#
BARCELONA LATEST
Ansu Fati: Four operations in six months
He will undergo a meniscectomy this Thursday, according to Mundo Deportivo. The internal meniscus of his left knee will be removed and he could return in six weeks.

Ansu Fati has decided to put an end to the real hell he has been living since he injured the internal meniscus of his left knee on November 2020 . After three failed arthroscopies in an attempt to save his original meniscus, the forward has decided to heed the opinions of some outside experts who advised the definitive removal of the meniscus as the only solution to his recovery problems.
I don?t want to draw conclusions based on preconceived notions, but it is very possible that the Catalonian Doctor who initially operated on him was highly incompetent for the task. Medicine progresses fast and the Doctor was way up there in age. It?s very possible the Doc was way past it!

It?s also telling that Ansu and his reps aren?t letting any Club Docs touch him after his horrible experience under said Doctor?s care.

Ansu is a clinical finisher. He will strike back stronger and better, no doubt.

BusiTheKing

Ronaldo aged 18:
-- way faster

why would you assume I was talking about the version of Ronaldo that least resembles Ferran's profile tho?

in his prime, Ronaldo was all about positioning, agitation and finishing. well-timed movement from the wing into the area occupied by central defenders, combinations more than dribbles, finding that little bit of space to take one touch to the side and shoot, just agitating that area with hopeful intensity and pouncing on everything that falls with a decisive finish.

to me, that seems sort of what Ferran can do as well. once again, i'm not saying he's as good, i'm just comparing roles.

Porque

Ronaldo is a decent comparison in his later years in terms of style.

He didn't start as this prolific natural scorer but homed the skill through being possibly the most mentally elite player ever.

Judging by the emotional pressure Ferran puts on himself, it is only a matter of time until he becomes a consistent scorer. He seems the type of guy to work his ass off to be his best version.

If I was looking at someone to compare him to, I would say a Spanish Muller. Not particularly great at anything but puts the effort in and has a knack of being in the right place.

If Muller was coming through Barcelona people would be saying the same things they are about Ferran now. Not fast, can't dribble, not a natural scorer, looks like a lesbian, etc.

Let's give this one time.

Nazario1985

Guys ... i know we're all starving for something good !!

It's freaking Valencia we are talking about, one of the worst teams in LL

Home of Barca Fans