7 - Ferran Torres

malvolio

I guess people are just frustrated that Ferran is not a great dribbler.

people are frustrated at club splashing good money on another player that isn't a true winger or a striker. let's not forget that this is a club that wanted morata as striker but luckily ended up with auba.

not only he's not a good dribbler but he lacks explosiveness and unpredictability. it's all fine and dandy when defenders leave him unattended, but as soon as they mark him it is usually game over. they read his movements like a book and snuff him with ease because he lacks physicality or core strength(like gavi for example). probably the fact that we face low blocks in most games doesn't help him either.

well i guess he's good at passing the ball back and playing one-twos.

iniestaGOAT

people are frustrated at club splashing good money on another player that isn't a true winger or a striker. let's not forget that this is a club that wanted morata as striker but luckily ended up with auba.

not only he's not a good dribbler but he lacks explosiveness and unpredictability. it's all fine and dandy when defenders leave him unattended, but as soon as they mark him it is usually game over. they read his movements like a book and snuff him with ease because he lacks physicality or core strength(like gavi for example). probably the fact that we face low blocks in most games doesn't help him either.

well i guess he's good at passing the ball back and playing one-twos.

He is a great dribbler. He is both Winger and a striker

mc_lovin

I guess it's preference, but we don't need true wingers. Torres fits our inverted/goalscoring winger profile brilliantly.

malvolio

I guess it's preference, but we don't need true wingers. Torres fits our inverted/goalscoring winger profile brilliantly.

it's good to have options and variation in our play. but for that spot we theoretically have ansu, who is much more unpredictable in his shooting and clinical in his finishing.

mc_lovin

it's good to have options and variation in our play. but for that spot we theoretically have ansu, who is much more unpredictable in his shooting and clinical in his finishing.

We have a nice balance right now with Ferran/Ansu+Traore/Dembele in theory.

Personally I liked us best when we had Pedro and Villa on the wings, who were both in the mold of Ferran, but it's hard to say how things would have looked without an all time great between them.

Anyway, I think Ferran is a much safer choice than let's say Luis Diaz for us.

Messigician

We have a nice balance right now with Ferran/Ansu+Traore/Dembele in theory.

Personally I liked us best when we had Pedro and Villa on the wings, who were both in the mold of Ferran, but it's hard to say how things would have looked without an all time great between them.

Anyway, I think Ferran is a much safer choice than let's say Luis Diaz for us.

Villa at 40 is faster than Ferran

Home of Barca Fans