7 - Ferran Torres

Rassvet

Pain. We could have signed Luis Diaz instead for less money but Ferran is Spanish so of course we went for him instead.

Vladinho

Pain. We could have signed Luis Diaz instead for less money but Ferran is Spanish so of course we went for him instead.

Don't think Porto would have agreed to the payment structure we used for Ferran. Porto was in desperate need of cash injection, something which Liverpool was able provide, but for us to put 40 mil upfront would have been impossible. We should not forget we're paying Ferran in 3 or 4 instalments

khaled_a_d

Don't think Porto would have agreed to the payment structure we used for Ferran. Porto was in desperate need of cash injection, something which Liverpool was able provide, but for us to put 40 mil upfront would have been impossible. We should not forget we're paying Ferran in 3 or 4 instalments

There is very little chance Liverpool are paying Porto upfront.
This rarely happens in transfer deals unless it is buyout clauses. And I doubt this was the main reason for Ferran deal, I think we would have done the deal regardless.

Horatio

You're welcome
Him crying instilled confidence in me. Seems like he will work hard. Might not become worldclass but very likely is going to improve.

Sooke

True. The front 3 at Pedro's time were Villa - Pedro - Messi. MSN was formed after Villa, Pedro and Fabregas left the team.
There was a reason why Pep held Ferran on the bench and was very happy to see him leaving City. Torres will never fit well in our system. The good think about him is that we got him in the winter. He will be traded in the summer for sure. We have way too many useless and injury prone players upfront. Barcelona should get rid of F.Torres, M.Braithwaite, Dembele and A.Fati. The last one is talented and promising, but same as Ousmane, he can't stay out of the injuries. I will rather keep Luuk de Jong and go all the way for Haaland in June.

jamrock

True. The front 3 at Pedro's time were Villa - Pedro - Messi. MSN was formed after Villa, Pedro and Fabregas left the team.
There was a reason why Pep held Ferran on the bench and was very happy to see him leaving City. Torres will never fit well in our system. The good think about him is that we got him in the winter. He will be traded in the summer for sure. We have way too many useless and injury prone players upfront. Barcelona should get rid of F.Torres, M.Braithwaite, Dembele and A.Fati. The last one is talented and promising, but same as Ousmane, he can't stay out of the injuries. I will rather keep Luuk de Jong and go all the way for Haaland in June.

Top 10 worst post ever, go home roger.

malvolio

Him crying instilled confidence in me. Seems like he will work hard. Might not become worldclass but very likely is going to improve.

so basically griezmann for half the price and half the defensive contribution. a steal from laporta.

Home of Barca Fans