7 - Ferran Torres

gasgas

Bro sterling mane and Salah are all 100m players ofc they will put up better numbers.

Gnabry is not better than ferran lmao and when you compare him to turds like grealish ferran was a bargain

Are you kidding me.

Gnabry is a tier or two above Torres ffs

Iniesta Ultra

Don't think I've ever seen anyone take a FK into the player lying on the ground. Lost possession of the ball a lot, didn't provide any good linking even the pass to Gavi could've been forward a little more.

Hope Auba or Dembele get designated as the PK and FK takers soon.

Raketa10

Don't think I've ever seen anyone take a FK into the player lying on the ground.

Than you probably watched 10 games in your life. :D

People are overreacting as usual, he had a decent game. However, he needs to start converting those chances ASAP or this can become a serious problem for him. Things like that can completely ruin player's self confidence.

Last edited:

Messi983

Remember when Suarez couldn't score a shit for his first 2-3 months at the club?

Have some patience. He needs a goal or two to relax and he'll be fine. He's playing well overall and get into good chances with his movement.

BBZ8800

One of my posts from December, before he even played for us.
You can also check the reviews from Man City fans in this post.
They weren't wrong:

Anyway, now after watching his youtube videos and reading comments from our side, something is off.
He looks meh, yet people are very, very happy here.
Then I checked Man City forums about him from a Month ago, and opinions are 50:50.
Some are sad, some think he is very, very meh.

It seems that a lot of Man City fans think the same as what I have wrote after watching his youtube clips:
1. he is slow
2. meh as a winger
3. can't dribble too much
4. don't have any clear position
5. since being ineffective as a winger, he was moved to a false 9, where he is also meh, but he has a skill to score a goal here and there and that's it.
6. apparently he is invisible and a non-factor in majority of matches until he scores a tap in in the box.

Enough from me about this topic for now, but it seems that there WAS a strong reason why we picked even Trincao over him only 18 Months ago.
Quotes from Man City forums:

-- For some reason I've never really rated him, I'm not sure what he actually brings to the team. He's not very quick, doesn't dribble past anyone nor have any physical presence. We could do a lot better, Vlahovic or especially Haaland.

-- Completely unbothered by this I have to say. If we can get a bit more like ?60m I'd say fair enough.
Still not quite sure how he fits in to our side. Not good enough out wide and generally offers little as a striker though he's clearly a great finisher. Opens up a route to the first team for someone like Delap & it's a nice wedge towards our summer spree?

-- I really don't rate him as highly as others seem to do.
He was a winger replacement and couldn't believe how poor he was in his orthodox position.
I mostly forget he is on the pitch, but then he will pop up with a goal.
He's a Johnny on the spot player which certainly has a value to it, but we are going to sign someone who will be our primary striker for the next five or so years and I also rate Palmer and McAtee.

-- The primary ability of any winger should be beating your fullback; a skill Ferran doesn't possess. We have to play him striker because he simply isn't good enough to be a winger in the PL

-- For someone who was said to be comfortable on either flank, I would have expected him to back himself one on one a bit more, as his pace isn't exactly lethal?

-- Will be disappointed to see him leave as I think he has the potential to be very good. It has only been just potential at this stage however and as long as the money goes towards a main striker I won't lose any sleep.

-- Would be a shame as he never really got started here - he looked promising at times, then anonymous at times. As you'd expect from a kid getting used to a new league and country.
As others have said, changing countries at 20 during Covid is a tough experience for a kid, so it's hardly surprising he hasn't settled.
That said, to be honest I'd rather we gave the game time to Palmer and McAtee, and if he's just going to be sitting on the bench, he's better off going.

-- Let's be honest he is nowhere near good enough for our team.
On the wing (his natural position) he has been awful And up front against anyone good we play a false nine
We are better without him. Like Garcia get rid and move on.
Use the money towards a top class forward

-- Spot on for me, he's not got my bum off the seat yet for sure. Whether he ever will is pretty much mute by the looks now, and we've got Palmer to look forward too who does excite.

-- I would describe his time at the club as a bit frustrating - he doesn't look like a top class winger, but his hat trick against Newcastle (as shit as they are) showed that he knows where the net is and he keeps banging them in for Spain against very good teams.

-- I read a forensic report into his play before he joined City. It was in a Spanish sports paper and something they do extremely well.
A thread that ran through the report was that his position could not really be identified in normal terms, i:e, not a winger, not a centre forward etc.
His touch map and positioning was quite curious. I don't think from his time before City that we bought him for any one position, rather someone who could develop.
He does a lot of things very well, but few that stand out, which doesn't usually go down well with the average fan.
His movement off the ball gets him into good positions And he is a good finisher and striker of the ball.

-- Strange player. He's a very good finisher & quick-ish but he's been anonymous in most of his PL appearances.

-- He's finished, he'll never be the same after his injury!
I'm a little bit meh to be honest. Didn't really do it as a winger, ok in spells but didn't set the world alight. Pushed further forward and obviously has an eye for goal and got in good positions but I can't say I'd miss him. His ceiling looks really good but he might never reach it.

-- The lads ok but I've never seen anything close to world class not even in the making, so if he goes then ok but they must pay the going rate not a penny less, also if he does go in January then we are getting a striker then also 100%

-- Kind of always felt we bought him because of the value rather than because we needed him, hence his relative lack of minutes. So if we buy for 20 and sell for 50 I got no problem with it

-- Feel exactly the same as I did when Barca where interested in Garcia, just very meh. I like Torres but him staying or leaving won't impact our success on the pitch either way.

-- Sell him while his value is high. I honestly don't think he's that good especially not good enough for the premier league. spanish fans see him as home grown hence the hype for him (look how Garcia turned out).

-- I'd be happy with 55m. 35m profit for a player that's hardly settled in the first team, that's good business. I feel like Palmer is better than him anyway, so he's not a great loss.

Last edited:

malvolio

Remember when Suarez couldn't score a shit for his first 2-3 months at the club?

scored in the CL groups and assisted a few in the league. all this after starting his season in november because of the suspension.

yeah, he really got into goalscoring form in january/february. but the guy was a certified killer before joining us. ferran wasn't.

jamrock

Exactly poor comparison, everyone knew what saurez could do before joining us, one of the best if not the best striker in the world at the time.

Ferran has just scored a few nice goals for Spain so every thing that's his normal level.

JamDav1982

Suarez was probably best striker in world in his prime.

I think the point is even he struggled at first with his finishing.. not that Torres is the next Suarez.

Torres looks like shiting himself when get a chance. The one yesterday he had plenty of time and hit ball while off balance. Nothing to do with finishing it coming easy to him at moment.

jamrock

Idk where bbz got those comments from but it seems a fair amount of city fans were seeing what some here are seeing now as well, he's a winger than literally can't beat his man off the dripple, considering he basically replaced someone like Sane for city it must have been even more glaring.

You have to compensate for that by playing him in the middle or rotate him there with the CF, so if he can't average at least 1 goal per 3 games he serves no purpose because

Depay fati dembele are all better than him.

malvolio

Suarez was probably best striker in world in his prime.

I think the point is even he struggled at first with his finishing.. not that Torres is the next Suarez.

Torres looks like shiting himself when get a chance. The one yesterday he had plenty of time and hit ball while off balance. Nothing to do with finishing it coming easy to him at moment.

don't think anyone was comparing them ability wise. maybe it seemed like a good comparison to make in order to get some pressure off ferran.

i think it is kind of dumb. because club brought him in and played him as striker initially alluding to the fact he might cut in that position. and then they proceed in comparing him with the likes of suarez.

JamDav1982

don't think anyone was comparing them ability wise. maybe it seemed like a good comparison to make in order to get some pressure off ferran.

i think it is kind of dumb. because club brought him in and played him as striker initially alluding to the fact he might cut in that position. and then they proceed in comparing him with the likes of suarez.

You did just compare them ability wise when that is not the point.

Some folk are saying better players in Suarez have struggled with goals early on even.

To then reply saying... Suarez was better makes no difference.

Aye that will fair get the 'pressure off Ferran' folk on Barcaforum making point that some others in past have struggled initially. Bet he is felling better already.

malvolio

You did just compare them ability wise when that is not the point.

Some folk are saying better players in Suarez have struggled with goals early on even.

To then reply saying... Suarez was better makes no difference.

? i dind't bring suarez into the discussion. even said that the players were different before joining us.

Home of Barca Fans