7 - Ferran Torres

vegitot

Modern football requires 10 outfield players to defend and press together. It is a single mechanism. Find me any top teams that have passengers upfront

Psg.

Anyway, Griezmann also has brillant off ball movement and his defensive ability is much better than Ferran.

Ferren needs to play at expected level for a 65 millions signing soon because when things go wrong, he will be the first to be blamed if he doesn't show up, like Griezmann.

malvolio

As a LW, of course. I don't know what Ferran's level will be, he has to start scoring. The fact is neither Messi nor Suarez were (since 2016) or would be arsed enough to run for this team. Ferran has more quality than the likes of Jutgla or Abde, that much is evident.

you're not making any sense mate. you jump to conclusions even if i didn't say anything about running. i feel you got baited a bit into this whole thing.

i didn't start the whole comparison, just pointed out that suarez has better numbers.

last time i've checked club banged the drum on him being a great forward. at the end of the day he'll always be evaluated by the number of assists/goals he provides.

he's not that bad of a player, just unfortunate to come with high expectations considering his price tag.

feggydinho

Modern football requires 10 outfield players to defend and press together. It is a single mechanism. Find me any top teams that have passengers upfront

Exactly, the days of having forwards that don't press is slowly getting over and I don't want us having any of those forwards again, can be irritating sometimes

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly, the days of having forwards that don't press is slowly getting over and I don't want us having any of those forwards again, can be irritating sometimes

It was boring as hell too. I like watching current team more. It's more exciting and fun. Obviously we might not be as good but at least games are joy to watch.

Andresito

Staff member
Ferran has 2G and 3A in 9 games. Playing with teenagers and new signings.
Suarez had 2G and 6A in his first 9 games. Playing with prime Neymar and Messi.

Not saying Ferran is going to explode like Suarez, but people need to be a little bit more patient.

Zidane82

Why are we comparing a young talented guy with huge potential ( highly rated by Xavi , LE and Pep ) with Suarez one of the best strikers of ALL time ffs

JohnN

We had patience with dembele for years. I am sure we can give that lad some time to prove himself. It's not like we lack alternatives.if he doesn't come through.

Gnidrologist

Born under the bad sign.
iu

Kul_z

I have no worries, what matters is determination. Id rather he scores in tight matches where we cant score then in some goal fest. He's two months here, and is already providing something we lacked.

And yes, remember that modric was named as the worst transfer in la liga in 2012, first year means nothing.

Catta

The truth is, we are playing better when he is on. Not the best scorer, but he gets in chances like no one else. His off the ball movement is a great.

Home of Barca Fans