7 - Ferran Torres

Rassvet

After what Barcelona has had in attack the past few seasons, I though it would be easier to appreciate the movement of a player like Ferran. Not coincidental that the team has improved drastically with him and Auba in it.

FinBarcelonafan

Everyone knows already.

My only hope is that when Fati comes back, he will have to play Fati as well.

This means Ferran would only play CF and compete with Auba for 1 spot.
That's better than suffering seeing him being so benign and predictable as LW

Auba won't be competing with Torres because he is ten times the striker Torres is. Torres is too soft to be a striker. Loses most of the battles Vs defenseman. Or can't hold the ball.

If Torres wants to become striker he would need to become badass, go through Suarez school of biting, learn how to play back Vs the net and finally, learn how to be clinical with his scoring. Probably add more muscle too.

These won't change in few days.

mc_lovin

I had no problem with his performance, especially in the 2nd half. His finishing is a bit mysterious, but all in all he's a very good counterpart to Dembele's chaos.

Movement, passing and touch are all top class. Finishing is bi-polar and dribbling okayish.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is very consistent in the basics of the game, that is true. A European winger if you get what I mean. Not much flair but very solid. Will become a top player once he starts scoring. Ansu?s ceiling is higher though, of course.

FinBarcelonafan

Man...I do like his movement and passing. Still hope to see him and hope he improves.

He has potential obviously. He is not hopeless case. Clinical scoring and he is a great player. He just needs to keep practicing scoring goals. That's it.

Somehow Barcelona is in his head. He puts too much pressure on himself. Spain he scores for fun.

Birdy

Auba won't be competing with Torres because he is ten times the striker Torres is. Torres is too soft to be a striker. Loses most of the battles Vs defenseman. Or can't hold the ball.

If Torres wants to become striker he would need to become badass, go through Suarez school of biting, learn how to play back Vs the net and finally, learn how to be clinical with his scoring. Probably add more muscle too.

These won't change in few days.

OK, I don't disagree with all that,
But Ferran is 21, Auba is 32
Ferran's off-the ball movement is superb, and his pressing and running as well

He needs to learn a lot, but you can't say in such scenario Auba is the starter. Not at all.
More like Ferran learning his ways around at CF, like he does currently at LW.
The difference is that he can improve his finishing, but he will never learn how to have the easy and quick 1v1 elite wingers have.

PS: Remember that the best coach in the world used Ferran as a 9 and not as a LW or RW

Raketa10

He is playing really good but he needs 5 chances to score a goal. He desperately needs to improve that aspect of his game.

Home of Barca Fans