7 - Ferran Torres

iniestaGOAT

Fine game, but Xavi is over saturating us with him. Theres no shame in a sub when he isn't playing well or drops out of the games second half. This isn't prime Messi.

And whos gonna replace him?

Dembele and Adama on the right? Dembele is completely useless there

Auba on the left wit luuk? Luuk should never play more than 10 mins and auba has no defensive work rate

Ansu fati is injured so it is what it is

serghei

Fine game, but Xavi is over saturating us with him. Theres no shame in a sub when he isn't playing well or drops out of the games second half. This isn't prime Messi.

For who? Adama will be gone in the summer, Fati is injured, Memphis won't be here either. Demebele is as good as gone and starts on the other flank anyway. I'd rather play him and let him grow than use players who have no future in this team.

When Fati will be back, and if we sign some wingers, then yes, you can say that. Ferran plays because he's the only left winger we have who will for sure be here next season as well.

The club should sign not one but two RWs. Since both current RWs will probably be gone in the summer, Dembele as well as Adama. Then with 2 new wingers + Fati + Ferran + Aubameyang we can say we have options to rotate properly.

Last edited:

Porque

[MENTION=29835]iniestaGOAT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

Depay, Dembele (Adama to right), Gavi, Dest.

Depends if we need a goal or are already winning. I'm looking at those last 4 games and performances, and he should probably have come off around the 70 in each one.

JamDav1982

Ferran has the most goals/assists for club since he signed and came into better form but folk act like he can barely kick a ball.

No chance he was coming off last night was best of Barcas front three.

The reason he was in game less was due to the awful performance and structure to get ball to front three after Sociedad pressed higher and stopped them hoofing it long as much.

The whole front three were quieter in 2nd half.

Last edited:

serghei

[MENTION=29835]iniestaGOAT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

Depay, Dembele (Adama to right), Gavi, Dest.

Depends if we need a goal or are already winning. I'm looking at those last 4 games and performances, and he should probably have come off around the 70 in each one.

Depay is not good. At least Ferran tracks back properly even when playing badly. Depay is terrible defensively.

Dest is a not a left winger. And he was needed on the RB since Alves was crap.

And Dembele is much better on the right. Gavi would also be played off position and he has to play in CM anyway since Pedri is injured.

From your suggestions, only Depay makes sense. And he's a player that we should look to offload in the summer.

I don't see anyone who would be an improvement over Ferran Torres, even when he's not playing that well. Fati would but he's injured, and Dembele would but then you have a problem on the right wing if you take him from there where he's at his best.

Last edited:

Porque

Depay is not good. At least Ferran tracks back properly even when playing badly. Depay is terrible defensively.

Dest is a not a left winger. And he was needed on the RB since Alves was crap.

And Dembele is much better on the right. Gavi would also be played off position and he has to play in CM anyway since Pedri is injured.

From your suggestions, only Depay makes sense. And he's a player that we should look to offload in the summer.

I don't see anyone who would be an improvement over Ferran Torres, even when he's not playing that well. Fati would but he's injured, and Dembele would but then you have a problem on the right wing if you take him from there where he's at his best.

I'm talking about the last portions of games. If we have no option but to play Ferran for 90 every game, even when he is not playing well then we have a problem.

BTW in terms of depth, looking at the 2023 expirees and Marcus Thuram is there. Having a sketchy season after injuries so might not cost too much. Might be a good option for AML and FW depth if/when Depay goes. Certainly a more powerful player.

JamDav1982

Ferran would have been kept on as he was best of front three and harder worker than Auba/Dembele in a game Barca were getting run over a bit.

Not as had no alternative.

Xavi has taken him off at HT in another game when he was terrible.

serghei

I don't see a viable option for LW to replace Ferran, especially when the game is close and you have to defend. Like Ferran or not, he works his ass off for the team. Memphis is dreadful. The only good thing he did in the last 3-4 months was scoring a penalty in the last minute vs Elche.

This is perfect example why you have to improve the squad.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Ferran will end up on right with Fati on the left a lot would think or if they sign no striker they will both get chances there.

That works if both can get inside and the full backs have enough physically and technically to get up and down park and get ball into box if left in space.

Alba is hit and miss in final third but cant get up and down in same way any more. Dest final ball is shocking and poor defensively but improved a bit in build up.

Home of Barca Fans