7 - Ferran Torres

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Torres will offer 0 improvement to the existing players is my whole argument.

I'm not against spending 45 m on a proven difference maker who's just on the cusp of world class or whatever. You have a hard time being objective when Xavi or anything Pep is involved, unfortunately.

0 improvement is harsh, he would surely help us against small/midtable teams but 60mio is way too much for his class

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IMO we need to sign at least three forwards anyway.

One CF and two wingers if Dembele is leaving.

DonAK

We need to pick out players from France/Germany/South America before they go elsewhere and cost 5x the price we could get them for.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
60m could have been spent on getting a decent CB, RB or other positions that we need. Not convinced about this guy at all, let alone 60m.

DonAK

1 CF 2 wingers 1 CDM 1 RB 1 LB 1 more or maybe even 2 more CB and 1 GK

60m could have been spent on getting a decent CB, RB or other positions that we need. Not convinced about this guy at all, let alone 60m.

If we can spend 60m on one player it have to be a striker with a proven goalscoring record or a game changing winger. No team respects us anymore because we're so shit in attack. The defence we can sort out in January 2023 or Summer 2023, but unless the attack is significantly improved we'll struggle even with a better defence and GK. We literally cannot score right now.

serghei

If City want 60m they need to look for alternatives and maybe revisit this one in the summer instead.

Sure, we can do that, and maybe sign someone else for a lower sum, but with more risk. At least Torres is a player highly rated by managers like Pep and Luis Enrique, and a starter for Spain at a perfect age for our project. Doubt we'll find players who thick those boxes at under 50m.

Say between Torres and Anthony for 45+15 who would you choose? I'd go with Ferran Torres.

iniestaGOAT

Would probably get Mo Salah for 60m fr I think he has 1 more year left after this and is liverpool are refsing to pay him

DonAK

Sure, we can do that, and maybe sign someone else for a lower sum, but with more risk. At least Torres is a player highly rated by managers like Pep and Luis Enrique, and a starter for Spain at a perfect age for our project. Doubt we'll find players who thick those boxes at under 50m.

Say between Torres and Anthony for 45+15 who would you choose? I'd go with Ferran Torres.

I'd go for Antony and then scrape together money for a proper CF.

Home of Barca Fans