7 - Ferran Torres

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The few City fans that exist will pretend they are happy but they've had yet another youth talent reject them for Barca - just like a jilted lover watching their love walk away, licking their wounds saying they are fine

The cheek as well to somehow point to the money of a transfer mitigating the loss is comical...as if they see a cent of it

They are served yet another reminder that when Barca come calling, pull of City simply doesn't exist

Messigician

The few City fans that exist will pretend they are happy but they've had yet another youth talent reject them for Barca - just like a jilted lover watching their love walk away, licking their wounds saying they are fine

The cheek as well to somehow point to the money of a transfer mitigating the loss is comical...as if they see a cent of it

They are served yet another reminder that when Barca come calling, pull of City simply doesn't exist

60m for a bench player

Cope

olivis

City has no pull and will remain plastic forever.
Chelsea won their second UCL and still no one really gives a damn about them.

Kevin De Bruyne had he gone to a proper club that also dominated the last decade like Real, Barca or Bayern he would have built such a legacy and be remembered as an icon.

Now he's just KBD, propbably his legacy will diminish as time passes just like Ballack or Gerrard.

Birdy

FHT7oPcXoAMLEHm

Switch Pedri and Gavi obviously (Pedri plays better as left interior)
And get rid of Pique

But I would really love to see that XI in action

Barcilliant

David would be the dream signing.

But these Catalans would never sign a Canadian lol. David will probably end up at Bayern and end up one of the best strikers in the world have undergoing Bayern's 'fitness regimen'.

This is the problem with the club. Too obsessed with Spanish players.

Messigician

dennishasdoneit said:
I for one will miss the special player that is Ferran Torres.

One of the country's most under rated Forwards.imo.

The lad is special. I mean,who...in the history of Manchester City Football Club..has ever scored an outrageous back-heeled volley,away from home...(Newcastle) One of the best goals I've ever seen anywhere in my life.i just wish I'd been at st James Park that evening to see it.He is a legend.
Moving onto international football..the lad had 12 goals for Spain in 12 consecutive matches...turns up at Mancini,s Italy at home in the Nations cup and scores another two accomplished goals,proper neat centre forward high technique finishes..one a deft header ,for a small lad,placed expertly where the keeper couldn't reach if..the second a cushioned volley directed into the corner...Superb goals to give him 14 goals in 13 consecutive international matches..Altho the Nations cup has been derided by some,both teams took it seriously ,with Italy fiercely protecting their 37 game unbeaten run,on their home patch..it takes a special player to turn up and destroy a Mancini defence in their own back yard,imo.

The real problem for Torres regarding his City career, took place later the same game..it was the little chelsea bastard Italian who crudely stamped on his foot,which gave him the injury which cut him down in his prime.(JorginhoI has form for this,..he did David Silva early doors against Chelsea at Wembley, and should have been sent off then,great player,but a snide dirty twunt)
I think if Ferran had bounced back to City ,on that run of form,things could have been different.

I would have loved to see Pep develop this player into a truly world class Forward.

In my lifetime I've never seen a back heeled volley goal,at any level of football I've played or watched,nor do I recall international strikers going on such long scoring runs...A fantastic player,yes we prob won't 'miss him..but he sure left his mark.
Quality.

gregorrin10

Lol just no...that looks so wrong. And #25 is usually reserved for the 3rd GK in Spain. He needs to get #11 when Demir goes back to Rapid...or at least #17 when Luuk goes to Cadiz or just back to Sevilla, both hopefully gone by mid-January, when Ferran will be ready to play.

khaled_a_d

Lol just no...that looks so wrong. And #25 is usually reserved for the 3rd GK in Spain. He needs to get #11 when Demir goes back to Rapid...or at least #17 when Luuk goes to Cadiz or just back to Sevilla, both hopefully gone by mid-January, when Ferran will be ready to play.

19 is available anyway, and can change numbers in summer without restrictions.

Messi983

Don't understand obsession some people have about shirt numbers.

Wouldn't mind him getting #3, #5, #18 or #20 though. :p

Home of Barca Fans