7 - Ferran Torres

omidferoz

Sadly it is over for forwards that are slow, not tall or strong. Next gen of footballers are freaking fast, strong and tall. We should stop buying hybrid players that's good at everything, but not world class at anything.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sadly it is over for forwards that are slow, not tall or strong. Next gen of footballers are freaking fast, strong and tall. We should stop buying hybrid players that's good at everything, but not world class at anything.

He is 1.84m and pretty strong IMO. Not fast but not slow, has average pace. Honestly, if he scored at least one of those headers we would be praising him now. Has potential but very far from a finished article. If our gameplan is to spam crosses from the wings LdJ/Auba is the better player for now

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He can absolutely thrive as a false 9 but not really a 9. His favored position is wide right but has also looked effective on the left. If Xavi insisted on leaving him on for the goal chances, I would've moved him to the left since Adama has been excellent and bring on Auba or Luuk centrally

Daisymorr

Could turn out to be a good signing in the end but I believe he will end up as a backup striker. Seemed a bit timid today in the heat of battle. Personality is what makes a top player & he needs to show more.

soul24rage

If he is to make it as a false 9, then Xavi must play attacking threats on both wings. Maybe Ansu at LW and Traore at RW might work.

Gavi at LW will not work with False 9 Torres, would gladly have LDJ at as a 9 if Gavi plays at LW.

FinBarcelonafan

He is bang average at CF. It has only been a few games but you can already see his ceiling isn't very high at CF. He has none of the qualities required to play that role.

I expect Auba will quickly take the CF spot and Ferran competes on the wing.

True. Not looking good.

Birdy

If he is to make it as a false 9, then Xavi must play attacking threats on both wings. Maybe Ansu at LW and Traore at RW might work.

Gavi at LW will not work with False 9 Torres, would gladly have LDJ at as a 9 if Gavi plays at LW.

Although I agree Gavi shouldn't be playing as a winger AT ALL,
I think problem is not the wingers for Ferran

He is not the player to play CF when we face low blocks or teams that need to get beaten in their penalty box.
We saw it again tonight with 2 awful attempts when Adama and Alba found him in great positions to finish in the box.

His biggest strength is the movement off the ball. For that to come into any effect and show up in a game, you need a defensive live of the opposition to be at least mildly high, and not stacked back in the box.
He is useless there, better have Ansu in the box despite his height he has the nose for the goal

Home of Barca Fans