7 - Ferran Torres

JamDav1982

4 sitters

And even his goal, it felt that he scored it by accident. He tried to make a contact with the ball, but no direction or idea where the keeper was.

If he keeps that shitshow, he will cost us games.
Xavi has to force him train finishing every training AND do some psychological work for his confidence

Cost games?

No one else was getting on end of those chances and he did score the only goal from open play.

As well as that he was the best dribbler of ball in Barca team and changed game when came on.

He missed chances that he was main reason got in first place but had big impact on game to point almost cost Barca game not starting him.

Was correctly named as MOTM.

iniestaGOAT

4 sitters

And even his goal, it felt that he scored it by accident. He tried to make a contact with the ball, but no direction or idea where the keeper was.

Xavi has to force him train finishing every training AND do some psychological work for his confidence

Ferran haters are really in shambles right now.

He completely changed the game, won it for us. but but but his goal was.. an accident? Grow up

Birdy

Cost games?

No one else was getting on end of those chances and he did score the only goal from open play.

As well as that he was the best dribbler of ball in Barca team and changed game when came on.

He missed chances that he was main reason got in first place but had big impact on game to point almost cost Barca game not starting him.

Yeah, I know that argument,
but I am not really sure 'no one' would have managed to get on the end of those chances.
2 oof the 4 sitters in particular: when Adama find him in the box with pinpoint cross, and when Memphis puts him through 1v1 with the keeper
No, I think many would have been there as well

Of course, it's a problem to have Gavi there, who is a md, and has md instincts, instead of a striker or winger

I pretend I didn't see the 'best dribbler' comment, prob you were watching a different game

JamDav1982

Yeah, I know that argument,
but I am not really sure 'no one' would have managed to get on the end of those chances.
2 oof the 4 sitters in particular: when Adama find him in the box with pinpoint cross, and when Memphis puts him through 1v1 with the keeper
No, I think many would have been there as well

Of course, it's a problem to have Gavi there, who is a md, and has md instincts, instead of a striker or winger

I pretend I didn't see the 'best dribbler' comment, prob you were watching a different game

He had the most dribbles on the pitch.. he was the best dribbler of the ball today. Pretend not to see it all you like.

Torres has the best movement of any of the forwards. His touch, passing workrate, dribbling were good today and he got the goal that got Barca back into the game.

Was far better than likes of Dembele at everything today.

ajnotkeith

4 sitters

It's impressive he finds space that often but I just have a feeling it probably isn't something that will change.

Everyone has their weakness and being a weak finisher is a incredibly common weakness in attackers, it is one of the simplest but hardest parts of the game.

But it's a case of judging whether overall, he'll score more goals just by the sheer amount of chances he's finding than another player who doesn't find as many chances.

JamDav1982

Anyone else would have gotten in those positions as depay & dembele showed the last game.

Why didnt Dembele then? He was on the pitch for much longer and didnt.

He had one chance that he missed and did next to nothing after that. Torres was far better than him and more of a threat.

Depay this season has looked lost in box with his movement at times more than anything. Doesnt look to me he has that ability to find space in box and goals rarely that even if got one last game.

FinBarcelonafan

He had the most dribbles on the pitch.. he was the best dribbler of the ball today. Pretend not to see it all you like.

Torres has the best movement of any of the forwards. His touch, passing workrate, dribbling were good today and he got the goal that got Barca back into the game.

Was far better than likes of Dembele at everything today.

Yes, Torres was good today. No doubt. Gave me hope.

He does find right spots where to be. Finishing needs to improve.

jamrock

Why didnt Dembele then? He was on the pitch for much longer and didnt.

He had one chance that he missed and did next to nothing after that. Torres was far better than him and more of a threat.

Depay this season has looked lost in box with his movement at times more than anything. Doesnt look to me he has that ability to find space in box and goals rarely that even if got one last game.

You mean the last game which I clearly stated where he scored a goal & two assit?.

Depay's numbers speak for themselves, he was a one man band the entire season & will only get better now that we have a functional team, I don't think many will take Torres over depay who is clearly the more talented player.

Torres for all his movement, has not much to show for it, Because if you can get in the position which again any top wide forward would, and you can't finish.

Then that's what separates a excellent player from a good one.

JamDav1982

You mean the last game which I clearly stated where he scored a goal & two assit?.

Depay's numbers speak for themselves, he was a one man band the entire season & will only get better now that we have a functional team, I don't think many will take Torres over depay who is clearly the more talented player.

Torres for all his movement, has not much to show for it, Because if you can get in the position which again any top wide forward would, and you can't finish.

Then that's what separates a excellent player from a good one.

You said Dembele would do same and he didnt when on pitch today when he was poor.

Depay has not been a wide player finding space in box this season.

jamrock

You said Dembele would do same and he didnt when on pitch today when he was poor.

Depay has not been a wide player finding space in box this season.

I said exactly what I said, players proved last game they can get into the exact same spots & score.

Literally that, literally.

JamDav1982

I said exactly what I said, players proved last game they can get into the exact same spots & score.

Literally that, literally.

But he didnt prove it this game... when you said he 'would do the same' so poor point as he didnt.

Whether he did it last game or not.

Assists last game are irrelevant anyway when discussing how many chances he found in box. Literally irrelevant.

Home of Barca Fans