7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

underoath

Banned
Are people here consumed of hate ?
Whoscored.com gives Coutinho 1 shot on goal from inside the area, 1 key pass, 1 successful dribble, 2 interceptions, 1 block and an 89.4% pass success rate. He had a decent good first half

Arizona Scott

Whoscored.com gives Coutinho 1 shot on goal from inside the area, 1 key pass, 1 successful dribble, 2 interceptions, 1 block and an 89.4% pass success rate. He had a decent good first half

Yes it a very tainted view. 1st half Messi, Suarez and Coutinho created chances, worked together, a generated the goal (Coutinho was there for Suarez's header) and nearly two (great save from De Gea off the best shot of the match). He also protected the ball well.

I think we should have put Dembele or Malcom for him at 65 instead of Roberto or Vidal in their spot, but Coutinho was good and involved and better than most on the pitch--certainly better than our midfield.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Issue isn't what he contributed, the issue is what he cant contribute to the team. A Malcom or Dembele would of provided way more then he will ever be able to. It would be totally fine if we didn't have messi on the RW* and a slow suarez down the middle as other players can provide that explosiveness, pace and directness.

This of course isn't entirely his fault but its just one of those things that coupled with his lack of stamina and inconsistency drives people to despise someone who cost the club so much.

Arizona Scott

Issue isn't what he contributed, the issue is what he cant contribute to the team. A Malcom or Dembele would of provided way more then he will ever be able to. It would be totally fine if we didn't have messi on the RW* and a slow suarez down the middle as other players can provide that explosiveness, pace and directness.

This of course isn't entirely his fault but its just one of those things that coupled with his lack of stamina and inconsistency drives people to despise someone who cost the club so much.

He wasn't usually a 90 minute player at Liverpool either, so we should have known that.

Things is he has been playing pretty well of late--fairly consistent in his improvement with taking much better care of the ball and cutting out the high risk moves where their is little to be gained even if successful, linking well (particularly w Suarez), helping out the defense. But for some people they only will make an note if he is the one putting the ball in the back of the net.

Still want Dembele starting for the dimension he adds but for instance today Coutinho was certainly one of our better players the 1st half.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Compare Cou to the Havoc Ney would create down that left flank yesterday - it’s not funny anymore. Sell sell sell and buy a proper fucking winger ffs!!!

Cule4life

The Culest

Yet another groupie from the BBZ posse. Stick to whoscored mate. This forum is for people who actually watch matches.

Havesaks

What a first half from this guy! Good game - second half decent, but whole team wasn't looking to score any way, so fine.

Edit: Whoscored and other sites agree. Cant fool us Cule4life, your agenda is clear as daylight. :lol:

Kubala

I think he's being played in the wrong position. I'd like to see him deeper, in the midfield three playing Iniesta's role. We need more pace and goal threat wide left.

Cule4life

The Culest
What's the problem with whoscored

Oh boy you seem to have drank too much of BBZ's kool aid. You are way too far down the rabbit hole to be rescued it seems

that's still factual with our eyes that he is not shit in that game.

Just because you want it to be, doesn't make it factual. Football isn't played on paper kid.

Whoscored >>> Your Agenda

What agenda? That i want a 160m player to show his worth on the pitch? That he's not a winger which everybody knows? That he should be sold if he doesn't buck up/isn't gonna be used in the MF?

Joan

I think we should have put Dembele or Malcom for him at 65 instead of Roberto or Vidal in their spot, but Coutinho was good and involved and better than most on the pitch--certainly better than our midfield.
I'm late a little. But don't think Malcom should've come on instead of any of those guys. Could've been the third sub. After the control of the midfield was won back. They were stronger in the middle of the pitch and we needed energy - Roberto and Vidal brought that. Roberto as a more defensive sub than Malcom would've been, but he was told to attack. Malcom, on the other hand, would've been a more dangerous option, but wouldn't solve our problems. He wouldn't see much of the ball as we'd never win the midfield back.

Indeed, would be my third pick, but Valverde wanted to see it out. Can't blame him.

FCB1987

Banned
Any noticed despite Coutinho having a " bad season " judging by his price tag and his quality , he is still delivering in Ucl . I said this a month back that even tho Coutinho has not been in his usual standards in Laliga this season , I had faith that he will step up in Ucl . Great game by him yesterday in the first half . About 90% pass accuracy , 3 take on completed and looked energetic. He will be crucial for our Ucl campaign

this post has 20 upvotes on r/barca

:facepalm:

xXKonan

He wasn't terrible by the standards he has shown this season but still, he needs to show a lot more.

It will always be that issue with Coutinho here. He will have games that he will be "Good" but then you start to think with the money we paid for him and that "Good" isn't enough. He's turning 27 in June and doesn't have that youth on his side aspect like Dembele that we can let some things slide for now.

Coutinho has the ability but just doesn't seem to fit anywhere here sadly. If he was much faster and had the stamina to last as a winger I don't think we would be arguing about him that much. but sadly he just doesn't have either.

Home of Barca Fans