7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BarçaBarça

Maybe he can do something against United because he feels different playing against a team he has faced more than the other players.
Or maybe Malcom will be subbed in the last ten minutes and score and perform better than him as usual.

It's beginning to look like the latter is the only real scenario these days..

Zidane82

Standards are so low for him that people are willing to consider this a good game from him. Munir and Paco have had better performances for us.

But who knows, United is an EPL team, so perhaps they'll be so bad and leave so much space that Coutinho might actually put in a solid performance.

You DO recall he played some great games for us before his injury ?!?

CatalinR10

Sell him and buy Hazard. Forget Griezmann

I would agree with this but what would happen with Dembele ? What would our front 3 be ?

I wouldn't buy Hazard just to bench Dembele and Messi doesn't want to play ST.

Ideally it would have been Hazard - Messi - Dembele but Messi comes to play in mid most of the game leaving no one up front.

And I doubt Hazard can play in the mid . Or can he ?

serghei

Hazard is older than Coutinho and the same bad fit. He's even less of a midfielder than Cou, and his goals output is bad for a winger - forward. It's doubtful he would work in the same team as Messi, as he's sort of Messi-lite.

I'd rather we sign clear midfielders, and scoring wingers from now on. No more hybrid 10s who roam everywhere and don't have a clear position, at least until Messi is not here anymore. And it's safe to say Hazard will be way declined by the time Messi hangs his boots.

Also, Valverde is the wrong manager to think out of the box and come with tactical novelties. He sticks to the basics 99% of the time. So I'd rather we give him players he can't put in the wrong positions.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Hazard is older than Coutinho and the same bad fit. He's even less of a midfielder than Cou, and his goals output is bad for a winger - forward. It's doubtful he would work in the same team as Messi, as he's sort of Messi-lite.

I'd rather we sign clear midfielders, and scoring wingers from now on. No more hybrid 10s who roam everywhere and don't have a clear position, at least until Messi is not here anymore. And it's safe to say Hazard will be way declined by the time Messi hangs his boots.

Also, Valverde is the wrong manager to think out of the box and come with tactical novelties. He sticks to the basics 99% of the time. So I'd rather we give him players he can't put in the wrong positions.

Spot on with all points but want to emphasize he is LESS of an ACM than Coutinho, which is where Coutinho is going to have to play if he wants to co-exist with Messi and Dembele because he isn't starting over either. Coutinho has been playing decent lately BTW but he will never have Dembele's explosiveness (not that many others do) and he will never be Messi (not that anyone else is that).

Maybe we sell this offseason but our squad is much better right now having Coutinho than not having Coutinho. The business side of things can wait for the summer.

Last edited:

God Serena

it's as if his performances when he first arrived have been completely forgotten. 15 goals, 8 assists last season (22/14 total). barca fans suck balls. we don't deserve these stars man.

And then, next season, you'll be citing his stats from 2017/18 again. And the season after that, and the season after that...

CatalinR10

it's as if his performances when he first arrived have been completely forgotten. 15 goals, 8 assists last season (22/14 total). barca fans suck balls. we don't deserve these stars man.

and he doesn't deserve to be a barca player by the way he is playing.

he scored 22 but why should i even care about how many he scored for liverpool out of those 22 ? He scored 8 for Barca and assisted 5. That's all I care about.

Tekkers

wasn't even "bad", but provides absolutely nothing. if dembele wasn't fit enough to start then malcom should've started. teams aren't even respecting his pace

Home of Barca Fans