7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

God Serena

One of the few excellent posts in this thread of late. Also devils is growing on me whether intentional in posts or not.

I really hope you're not actually starting to like Devils because of what he posts... Because he's blatantly trolling, dude. If you really agree that every dick and jane we sign is a GOAT I feel bad for you :lol:

Potroh

Easier said than done.

On the contrary: it is easier to do than doing many other things...

Every coach in the 3rd league knows (and it's being preached at every coaching session) that the trainer HAS TO set his formation according to the available players and NOT just selecting 11 players to match a certain formation.

When Coutinho plays as LW, he plays in the same position where Dembele plays LW. That's almost crazy because the two are VERY DIFFERENT players. You cannot play the same role by a slow player and hyper-fast one! They would need different channels, a different structure to succeed.

In EV's "system" there are two exceptions: Roberto/Semedo and Vidal.
But even those structural differences are rather minimal.

That's why Valverde has almost no system as such, rather he has a 4-3-3 formation and damn good individual players to accomplish the tasks, but without having a minimal structural creativeness of the coach...

Last edited:

God Serena

What is his troll angle BTW, Real supporter?

Are you fucking kidding me? Devils makes a metric fuckton of troll posts, it's practically all he does. It doesn't mean I'm saying he isn't a real supporter, he's just also a troll.

I mean the guy literally just called Coutinho Iniesta's successor and said our success is due to having Coutinho as an integral part of our team. He's also hyped up Mina, Paulinho, Ilaix (From Juvenil A), Vidal, Konrad (Juv. A), and much more as massive signings that we as a club are barely worthy of having play for us. It's to the point that it's more of a running joke, than anything. How much of a moron could you be that you're actually... agreeing with him?

Arizona Scott

Are you fucking kidding me? Devils makes a metric fuckton of troll posts, it's practically all he does. It doesn't mean I'm saying he isn't a real supporter, he's just also a troll.

I mean the guy literally just called Coutinho Iniesta's successor and said our success is due to having Coutinho as an integral part of our team. He's also hyped up Mina, Paulinho, Ilaix (From Juvenil A), Vidal, Konrad (Juv. A), and much more as massive signings that we as a club are barely worthy of having play for us. It's to the point that it's more of a running joke, than anything. How much of a moron could you be that you're actually... agreeing with him?

A moron blindfolded with shotgun can can occasionally have true aim. Nothing wrong with acknowledging those lucky shot.

khaled_a_d

Every coach in the 3rd league knows (and it's being preached at every coaching session) that the trainer HAS TO set his formation according to the available players and NOT just selecting 11 players to match a certain formation.

By this definition, Pep isn't even a 3rd league coach, because he actually has a very rigged system and all players have to adjust to it and if not they are out.

In EV's "system" there are two exceptions: Roberto/Semedo and Vidal.
But even those structural differences are rather minimal.

That's why Valverde has almost no system as such, rather he has a 4-3-3 formation and damn good individual players to accomplish the tasks, but without having a minimal structural creativeness of the coach...

What do people really mean by system? Because people keep mentioning it without really putting a definition to it
People nowadays says EV has no system, Zidane has no system and basically anybody who isn't Pep/Klopp/Simeone has no system unless he tries a pseudo-tiki taka like Sarri/Setien
EV has been a clear fundamentalist and pragmatic coach, plenty of coaches has been like that and was very successful. I can understand criticizing his football esthetics which is more than fair argument. But he has been able to adjust to many situations and incorporating different players.
And Dembele played many games as RW, and even inside the game.

serghei

What do people really mean by system? Because people keep mentioning it without really putting a definition to it
People nowadays says EV has no system, Zidane has no system and basically anybody who isn't Pep/Klopp/Simeone has no system unless he tries a pseudo-tiki taka like Sarri/Setien
EV has been a clear fundamentalist and pragmatic coach, plenty of coaches has been like that and was very successful. I can understand criticizing his football esthetics which is more than fair argument. But he has been able to adjust to many situations and incorporating different players.

True. Every manager has a system actually, even the poorer ones, it's just that some play more to the basics than others, so their 'system' is not as elaborate. Mourinho, Simeone, Valverde, Allegri all have a similar profile in terms of tactics and how they like to set up their players.

Guys like Klopp and Pep are more praised than others because they have a more distinct style, which translates to a more fluid and dynamic system, that's all.

Potroh

By this definition, Pep isn't even a 3rd league coach, because he actually has a very rigged system and all players have to adjust to it and if not they are out.

Seemingly you don't understand a bit of what "system" means in this regard... Sorry...
When at present Pep plays Jesus for instance, the entire system changes, not only positions. (The vectors of movements change according to what a particular player's strong points are, etc.)
In his B.Munich days, Pep had at least 3 different "systems", according to if Robben played or not, and the examples could go for pages.

A "system" cannot be defined in two sentences. But the observing type of fan or enthusiast should definitely know what a good coach actually does (apart from merely placing the numbered puppets into the chess table). A good system (as I've mentioned it several times) is tailored to the individual players and their individual capabilities.
Someone who only thinks in posts and positions indeed does not catch the system, which in an ideal scenario, determines and dominates of HOW a team plays or tries to achieve its goal.

Sometimes coaches are successful just because they have damn good players and that's all...
What you name as "football esthetics" is exactly the thing defined as a particular "system". A flow that is unmistakably unique...

Once again: "incorporating different players" according to a given setup is NOT a system, it is just the opposite of it.
Inventing a system according to the players good and bad characteristics is what is called "system".

Do you see? Did you get your own sentence?
You once again mention Dembele's POSITION and it has nothing to do with any system as such...

Tekkers

who was the guy that said as soon as this guy comes off barca score? (@booge) suarez (and the rest of the team) literally funneled everything through this guy during the first half to no avail and completely neglected the right side of he field

and as soon as he comes off the team looked a million times more threatening

you guys got your wish and dembele lined up on the right with coutinho on the left and there was absolutely NO chemistry. i dont think the two either attempted to link up with each other. its either one or the other this summer. the two simply can't co-exist together

clemente

who was the guy that said as soon as this guy comes off barca score? (@booge) suarez (and the rest of the team) literally funneled everything through this guy during the first half to no avail and completely neglected the right side of he field

and as soon as he comes off the team looked a million times more threatening

you guys got your wish and dembele lined up on the right with coutinho on the left and there was absolutely NO chemistry. i dont think the two either attempted to link up with each other. its either one or the other this summer. the two simply can't co-exist together

Wow when the greatest player ever that is an attacker came on for him we looked more threatening, what a joke of a player

Home of Barca Fans