7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Falcao

Vey fun player to watch and has a lot of quality. Am surprised that one of the 'big' teams hasn't tried for him yet, he'd be a good replacement for Ribery at Bayern for example.

EdmondDantes

He's an amazing talent, an artist on the ball who's got a bite to him defensively as well. Far too good a player for that Liverpool side.

BrazilFan

I could see you guy's buying actually as a Iniesta replacement in the future. The Bayern idea is also a good one but he has to become more consistent. He has already shown the ability to win games as moment when he or the team isn't playing well but I want to see him evolve as a player. Liverpool is still the best place for him to develop IMO as of right now maybe in a year or 2 he can move.

Darko

He's nowhere near good enough to replace Iniesta. Yeah he produces moments of magic like that goal but also lost the ball countless times and tried throughballs a dozen times and failed every last one of them. And that's with loads of space against an average defense like Stoke's. Imagine him playing against parked busses week in week out, would be absolutely wasteful. He's a class below the likes of David Silva, and even David Silva would struggle to replace Iniesta.

BrazilFan

I didn't say he was good enough to replace Iniesta. In a year or 2 time I can see you guys buying him as his successor. Also, it unrealistic to expect a player to replace another in this case a legend and be as good as the previous player was.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Vey fun player to watch and has a lot of quality. Am surprised that one of the 'big' teams hasn't tried for him yet, he'd be a good replacement for Ribery at Bayern for example.

Bayern already found Ribery's replacement in Douglas Costa...

I didn't say he was good enough to replace Iniesta. In a year or 2 time I can see you guys buying him as his successor. Also, it unrealistic to expect a player to replace another in this case a legend and be as good as the previous player was.

Although Coutinho's a good player, we obviously don't need as we already bought Arda. Unless if the Brazilian is willing to sit his ass on the bench while the Turk and Rakitic are starters most of the time.

Darko

I doubt he will improve so much in a year or two that he will be good enough for Barca.

Last edited:

jonxxxj

He's nowhere near good enough to replace Iniesta. Yeah he produces moments of magic like that goal but also lost the ball countless times and tried throughballs a dozen times and failed every last one of them. And that's with loads of space against an average defense like Stoke's. Imagine him playing against parked busses week in week out, would be absolutely wasteful. He's a class below the likes of David Silva, and even David Silva would struggle to replace Iniesta.

1- How can you judge a player based on one single game:
2- Have you ever seen other games, like the one against city, or against newcastle, or against borussia
3- average defense hahaha tell more about the very solid defenses in la liga
4- English football in general, exept from city, is not based too much in possession, the game is fast and a midfielder like him tends to lose the ball more often, since he has to take risks in terms of difficult passes and is physically weak. Its easy to have 100% of pass completion making only lateral easy passes and having a team that offers you many options like barcelona. Please dont compare bananas to apples.
5- He is below david silva, but not that much, and silva is older. Their styles are different, silva cant produce moments of magic like coutinho, while his game may be more constant and consistent.
6- Neymar used to make bad passes in santos and even in barcelona he is not one of the best passers in the team, but his moments of magic compensate that flaw, just like Coutinho. Or do you think he is loved by liverpool fans, is regarded as the second best brazilian player in europe (just behind neymar) and is considered by legends like kaka and ronaldinho, or even suarez who played with him, as a possible world best in the future for nothing:
7- How many games of messi were saved by a moment of magic:

Bran the Greenseer

2- Have you ever seen other games, like the one against city, or against newcastle, or against borussia
4- English football in general, exept from city, is not based too much in possession, the game is fast and a midfielder like him tends to lose the ball more often, since he has to take risks in terms of difficult passes and is physically weak. Its easy to have 100% of pass completion making only lateral easy passes and having a team that offers you many options like barcelona. Please dont compare bananas to apples.
5- He is below david silva, but not that much, and silva is older. Their styles are different, silva cant produce moments of magic like coutinho, while his game may be more constant and consistent.
6- Neymar used to make bad passes in santos and even in barcelona he is not one of the best passers in the team, but his moments of magic compensate that flaw, just like Coutinho. Or do you think he is loved by liverpool fans, is regarded as the second best brazilian player in europe (just behind neymar) and is considered by legends like kaka and ronaldinho, or even suarez who played with him, as a possible world best in the future for nothing:

Iniesta doen't have high passing stats because he only makes lateral passing he has high passing stats because he's iniesta :lol:

Also Coutinho doesn't play like how current iniesta plays anyway, not that he's as good anyway, he plays like a worse version of the old iniesta you can look up the difference between their moments of magic.

Also players who are good passers have high passing stats even in the epl, Hazard, David Silva among others. If you can't pass then you can't be a barca midfielder. He may be able to play as a creative LW but in no way is he the next iniesta.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Coutinho's an ACM or a LCM not a CM. He's not nor will ever be in Iniesta's class but they play in totally different positions so its a useless comparison. He should be compared to the likes of Oscar, Hazard, Silva, Ozil, Cazorla, Depay, Di Maria, Rodriguez, De Bruyne and Gotze etc.

Jair Ventura

Coutinho is regarded as the second best Brazilian player in Europe?

Darko

1- I'm not judging him on one game. I watched a lot of Liverpool games, do you think it's a coincidence he only has like 4 goals and assists in the entire season.
2- Yes. Not against BVB but that was just a friendly I believe.
3- Is Stoke's defense not average? Would he not face parked busses all the time at Barca instead of the loads of space Stoke gave him?
4- City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United all playing possession football. He has to take risks but none of his risks paid off, imagine him with even less space and time on the ball.
5- True. But I'd argue that "moments of magic" are brilliant assists as well, not just goals.
6- Neymar doesn't play in midfield. Coutinho is not the 2nd best brazilian in Europe.
7- A lot of them. But Messi does it every few games, not a few times a season. If moments of magic are all that matters RM would never have sold Di Maria and Ozil.

Home of Barca Fans