7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Our current midfield can't support an AM, and turning Coutinho into an AM/CM would be a waste of his talents and our time.

However, we can easily accommodate an AM provided that we have a CM who can distribute the ball intelligently and provided some needed defensive coverage to the backline.

That's why I wouldn't mind signing Coutinho, if we first sign Gundogan; but I would rather have us sign Oliver Torres instead of Coutinho – if not, then he's probably our best option, unless Halilovic can be effective in that position.

Barcafan 2304

Why not? Aside from Pogba, he's the one midfielder we're most constantly rumored to be interested in.

Not saying I don't want see it but there have been no rumours, suggestions or anything else to give any hope that we are looking at him. Who knows, might be doing it discretely and I hang onto that but it just does not seem as if we are tracking gundogan

Trickykid

Not saying I don't want see it but there have been no rumours, suggestions or anything else to give any hope that we are looking at him. Who knows, might be doing it discretely and I hang onto that but it just does not seem as if we are tracking gundogan

Whut, are you kidding me? It's no more than a week or so ago, tops, that we were linked with a winter move for him, and before that the rumors were pretty damn consistent too.

Barcafan 2304

Whut, are you kidding me? It's no more than a week or so ago, tops, that we were linked with a winter move for him, and before that the rumors were pretty damn consistent too.

No not kidding I haven't seen anything at all. If you have, fair enough but I've seen nothing regarding gundogan.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
No not kidding I haven't seen anything at all. If you have, fair enough but I've seen nothing regarding gundogan.

No mate Gundogan is may be the player we've been most linked with last season, he even came to barcelona and passed medical exams iirc.

But I think there was an issue with his wage demands at some points, that is also why other clubs pursuing him gave up.

About Coutinho I personally wouldn't mind having him, I liked him everytime I saw him play with Liverpool, and he might be easy to convince given their actual state.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Coutinho has the potential to be world class and is already top, top class. However he does lack consistency. However he is playing with lesser players so at Barca with better players alongside him he will thrive and be able to be a good addition for you.

Plus it will make Neymar happy and those two will provide a good partnership. Also getting him now would allow you to get the Iniesta replacement in now (but of course nowhere near is level - nor will Coutinho ever be at Iniesta's level) and slowly integrate him into the team whilst you Iniesta, Rakitic already there. So by the time Iniesta retires or leaves for Qatar/MLS then Coutinho would have 2-3 years under his belt at Barca and be mentally ready to undertake that role in the team. He won't ever be as good as Iniesta however but he'll contribute a lot certainly.

I feel it can be a deal as we have Firmino as a ready made replacement and we need funds for Klopp to spend. So it wouldn't surprise me. However I'd be loathe to lose Coutinho either this winter or next summer.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I highly doubt Liverpool would part with Coutinho for a paltry sum, these days, of 30M euros though. And I don't think he's worth the upwards of 50M euro fee that I'm sure Liverpool would demand.

Home of Barca Fans