7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Alarcón

I agree that we need a midfielder who is more offensive than the Xavi, Rakitic, Pogba types. With all due respect to Iniesta, I don't see him as that kind of player, and he has also become too inconsistent to rely upon at any time. Arda could be that player but has yet to prove himself.

That said, Coutinho is not good enough for Barcelona.

El Flaco

1. We don't need him as we already have Arda.

2. He's not good enough for the starting XI.

3. If Rafinha's is going to play they way he did before his ACL before his injury, he'll be ahead of Coutinho. Rafiha also has the benefit of being a canterano.

Jombi

It worked well with Deco and Rakitic.

People ridiculed us for raplacing Davids with the attacking mid Deco. Who had the last laugh?

If we can get him for 30m euros, I say go for it.

If he costs 70m euros, forget about him and focus on Gundogan, Lucas Lima and Sofiane Boufal.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
We should get him, he is still only 23, lots of potential and look how RM are stockpiling young talented midfielders, I think we should think long-term and do the same. I would rather have a headache of deciding which midfielder to select than play double pivot with Mascherano.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

We should get him, he is still only 23, lots of potential and look how RM are stockpiling young talented midfielders, I think we should think long-term and do the same. I would rather have a headache of deciding which midfielder to select than play double pivot with Mascherano.

Got to admit rm having all these young players is concerning

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What will we do with Arda, Rafinha and Iniesta? Coutinho simple can't play with them in the midfield except for Rakitic and he's sure as hell not gonka bench Iniesta and Arda.

On top of that he plays in the EPL and for a struggling Liverpool that will not give him up easily unless we pay top bucks..

The reason people are against Pogba is because he's perhaps not a great fit, Coutinho right now is arguably even worse in that aspect.

Get Gündogan and be over with it, please :robert:

We need a midfielder, who can create and dictate the tempo of the game and help us really solidify a hold of the midfield. Coutinho is an attacking midfielder, got enough of those already.

Only way I can see Coutinho have a place is if Arda fails and Iniesta completely forgets how to play. Even then you got to wonder whether you can get a better player than him.

Just my two cents.....

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans