7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Tepid water

People, it doesnt matter. Liverpool is bidding left and right as they know they will sell. They dont want to sell and then having to overpay for Lemar (in this case Monaco would want 110m minimum).

I doubt it...

Their net spend under their old TV deal would probably be about £50m.

Now, they made a profit of about £15m last summer which gives them about £65m extra this summer...

With their new TV deal they get atleast £70m more, but remember they also now have CL money which is another £40m minimum..

You're taking £150m net spend easily ....

And add into the mix that Keita isn't coming out of their money this year..... they literally are struggling to spend the money they've got...

wisconsincule

If we are going to play Coutihno as a left winger in a 4-2-3-1 isn't there cheaper options anyways? Isn't that the position Lemar plays?

Vilarrubi

The whole situation is quite confusing!
Catalan and other Media talk about ongoing negotiations whilst LFC Media are absolutely denying any negotiations.

Same media which said Coutinho had not handed a transfer request in. Their reports obviously come with slight bias to them, they don't want him to leave. No one knows for sure.. best just to wait.

MessiTHEgoat

MATS
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Rakitic-Busquets

Messi-Iniesta-Dembele

Suarez

Who needs Coutinho?

are you serious? who needs coutinho? when you have fucking lazy ass slow raki who plays safe passes or pass it backward or old iniesta who isn't even 10% the same as before.

we'll badly need phil, especially when we are freaken weaker than last year.

Jenks

If we are going to play Coutihno as a left winger in a 4-2-3-1 isn't there cheaper options anyways? Isn't that the position Lemar plays?

Spending this sort of money to play Coutinho in a wide position would be insane in my opinion. He's not a winger by any stretch of the imagination, all of his best work comes centrally. He's only used wide because Klopp likes runners centrally. If you want a winger then I don't know why you don't just bid £150m for Hazard. Chelsea tend not to keep players that want out.

5ergio_Busquets

Iniesta and Rakitic as starters? Do you want to have a trophyless season?

Iniesta actually was one of the best players against Alaves, Valverde just needs to manage his minutes well through the season. He should only play big games.

A more defensive line up would be:
MATS
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Mascherano-Busquets

Messi-Iniesta-Dembele

Suarez

Andrew M

Same media which said Coutinho had not handed a transfer request in. Their reports obviously come with slight bias to them, they don't want him to leave. No one knows for sure.. best just to wait.

They are just reporting what the club told them. Coutinho went to the press about the TR before they went to the club. So, technically, the LFC media were correct at that time. It's clear Liverpool are telling everyone he is not for sale at the moment. It's just a matter of whether they are playing a waiting game to drive up price or something or sticking to their guns for real till the end.

Meanwhile Barca feel the will of the player will win in the end.

5ergio_Busquets

are you serious? who needs coutinho? when you have fucking lazy ass slow raki who plays safe passes or pass it backward or old iniesta who isn't even 10% the same as before.

we'll badly need phil, especially when we are freaken weaker than last year.

Surely we need him I just wanted to say that even if we can't get him our current team is not bad.
A smart board would consider other options like Lemar but at the moment the rumors are only about Coutinho and Di Maria. Coutinho is very difficult to get while Di Maria is not what we need AND difficult to get. So instead of spending the Money on Parejo and Di Maria, just keep the money for next year.

gr98

About Coutinho, they tell me again what they told me a month ago: "The will of the player always prevails." We will see. [tw]902499921198231553[/tw]

gasgas

Spending this sort of money to play Coutinho in a wide position would be insane in my opinion. He's not a winger by any stretch of the imagination, all of his best work comes centrally. He's only used wide because Klopp likes runners centrally. If you want a winger then I don't know why you don't just bid £150m for Hazard. Chelsea tend not to keep players that want out.

And who told you Hazard wants out?

They are just reporting what the club told them. Coutinho went to the press about the TR before they went to the club. So, technically, the LFC media were correct at that time. It's clear Liverpool are telling everyone he is not for sale at the moment. It's just a matter of whether they are playing a waiting game to drive up price or something or sticking to their guns for real till the end.

Meanwhile Barca feel the will of the player will win in the end.

Messi is not a winger

xxxxxx

Iniesta actually was one of the best players against Alaves, Valverde just needs to manage his minutes well through the season. He should only play big games.

A more defensive line up would be:
MATS
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Mascherano-Busquets

Messi-Iniesta-Dembele

Suarez

Mascherano is too old to play in that position.... and so is Iniesta. Suarez hasn't been good in all of 2017.

Home of Barca Fans