7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Depends on who Liverpool spend it on.

Hopefully Lemar and Van Dijk. If we got those two and lost Coutinho I'd still be more than delighted. But it depends on who we get in which will determine how I feel.

But 160m euros for a player who is not yet at elite level and may never reach elite level is incredible. It's about double his true value imo.

JamDav1982

I would drive coutinho with car to barcelona as a liverpool fan, awesome job for liverpool if its true

Liverpool should have signed VVD and Lemar for less earlier in summer..... is that not how it works.

It is awesome for Barca more than anyone as need players like him.

Givenchy

It's too much. Liverpool will have a great team in the future. They can build new team with this money.

Our desperation smells..

160m these days will get them Lemar 90m and VVD 70m thats hardly building a new team.

we are desperate but its a justified desperation when we see how shit the midfield is.

Saladin

I'm still not convinced. Trust me, I hope we get Coutinho even for 160 mil euros (crazy, I know) as I see him adding a lot more quality and flair than the combined price for shitty over-the-hill fringe players over the years; Arda, Gomes, Paco, Vermaelen, Paulinho, Douglas combined fees is roughly the price of a WC midfielder in his prime in a WC year, and whatever trolls are stating on Twitter (Gylfi and Mahrez having better stats than Coutinho, etc.) Coutinho is the real deal, especially in regards to skills that complement our way of football. He has a magical touch, can drive the ball through the flanks with superb vision and would have had a lot more assists and goals had he played alongside Messi, Suarez and Dembélé than with the likes of Origi, Sturridge and Lallana.

My concern is the alleged 'deal' is contingent on Liverpool signing a replacement before friday; Unless they are about to close Lemar or consider Keita entering next summer as a replacement, I do not see this deal go through, unfortunately. However, I would rather see us spend 160 mil euros on Coutinho than 50 or so mil. euros on Di Maria, that's for sure.

I doubt we will get him, but still the prospect is better today than it was yesterday, which is always positive. There's still hope.

Home of Barca Fans