7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Devils

If Lemar goes to Liverpool and turns out good, also if Mane continues the way he is playing...

giphy.gif

Be ready Liverpool.

FinBarcelonafan

Hopefully Lemar and Van Dijk. If we got those two and lost Coutinho I'd still be more than delighted. But it depends on who we get in which will determine how I feel.

But 160m euros for a player who is not yet at elite level and may never reach elite level is incredible. It's about double his true value imo.

18 year old kids going for 150mil €+. Coutinho is worth 100 mil€, especially when you buy from English teams who have no desire to sell. It's the price of today.

JamDav1982

Hopefully Lemar and Van Dijk. If we got those two and lost Coutinho I'd still be more than delighted. But it depends on who we get in which will determine how I feel.

But 160m euros for a player who is not yet at elite level and may never reach elite level is incredible. It's about double his true value imo.

No chance would anyone get Coutinho for 80m in this market.

Just like Liverpool will massively over pay for what seems should pay for Lemar and VVD.

Talking about a market that Johnny Evans and Andros Townsend are rumoured to be moving for around 30m each.

TidinhoM

Paul pogba was 100mil what the hell are you talking about you can not even compare these two. The best player in Liverpool by far.

Raketa10

Lemar and Van Dijk would be great signings indeed but problem with Lemar is nobody knows his price.

True value, what is true value these days? Lemar will be maybe 90 or more so what's there to say. Crazy summer...

Last edited:

vlad

Psg and barca ruined football this summer, 222 m for neymar, 150m for 20 year old talent and know 160 for a player who is not even on tony kroos level

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
No chance would anyone get Coutinho for 80m in this market.

Just like Liverpool will massively over pay for what seems should pay for Lemar and VVD.

Talking about a market that Johnny Evans and Andros Townsend are rumoured to be moving for around 30m each.

I meant in a 'normal' market not today's market.

Devils

Looking at that price for coutinho i say psg got better deal

Well yes, because it was that transaction that caused the inflation for Coutinho.

We would be paying 100m+ for any quality midfielder who was tied to a long term contract without a buyout clause. Economically, it makes no sense for a club to give us a deal knowing we have over 300m to spend.

JamDav1982

Well yes, because it was that transaction that caused the inflation for Coutinho.

We would be paying 100m+ for any quality midfielder who was tied to a long term contract without a buyout clause. Economically, it makes no sense for a club to give us a deal knowing we have over 300m to spend.

Dont think Coutinho would have been much cheaper earlier in summer anyway.

Folk are not so naive to know that Neymar was most likely leaving and would reject any bids on basis of that probably coming.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But in all truth even though this last month has soured things a bit I still wish Coutinho well if he does join you.

However this isn't sour grapes but he'll never reach the level of peak Iniesta who he is replacing (but there is no one in world football that can replace him and get to peak Iniesta levels).

If he sorts out his consistency he will be brilliant for you but that is what is missing from his game from turning him from a very good player to a world class player and he does have it in him to be more consistent and be world class, but that is one area he needs to work on.

Home of Barca Fans