7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

gasgas

Sign Seri, Coutinho, and Semedo. 180m. Sell Arda, Rafinha, Denis, even Gomes if a good offer appears. We should be getting close to 100m. for these players. If not, no problem. Take in next summer's budget as well. I'd rather do all the transfers we need now and be more low key next summer.

Busquets, Seri, Coutinho, Roberto, Rakitic and Alena are already 6 players for 3 spots, or even 2 spots depending on the system.

Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Alcacer and Coutinho for the 3 spots up front as well. Coutinho can play AM and LW, so he does make sense as the best option for Iniesta's replacement.

Alba - Digne for LB, Umtiti - Mascherano for LCB, Marlon - Pique for RCB, Semedo - Vidal for RB.

We are getting 60 M max for selling those players

khaled_a_d

Coutinho is basically as unrealistic as Verratti IMO. I dont know how people can believe he is available to sign.

Liverpool is having a trouble getting most of their targets right now. Mendey is on his way to City,Virgil van Dijk has rejected their offer and now City and Chelsea might get him and Roma is still asking for more money for Salah. Unless they decide to settle with scrapes they will need to sell. Good chance they might still stick to the scrapes but there is also a chance they are having a reality check and might decide they have to sell in order to compete with the big sharks in EPL

Jombi

:lol: Liverpool aren't PSG. We got Suarez from them. You pay enough, you can get their player.

I'm afraid "enough" might be too much in this case though. Seeing people here throw around figures like 90m, no way is he worth that much. Even in this market.

Suarez was a special case after his behavior for Uruguay. They now have almost as much revenue as Chelsea and they are back in the CL. This just screams unavailable to me.

Last edited:

Jombi

Liverpool is having a trouble getting most of their targets right now. Mendey is on his way to City,Virgil van Dijk has rejected their offer and now City and Chelsea might get him and Roma is still asking for more money for Salah. Unless they decide to settle with scrapes they will need to sell. Good chance they might still stick to the scrapes but there is also a chance they are having a reality check and might decide they have to sell in order to compete with the big sharks in EPL

They are not competing with the big boys by announcing that they will sell their star player. Claiming that they are having trouble getting their targets (completely normal for any club in the transfer market) is clutching at straws IMO.

Jombi

Liverpool could sell Coutinho and sign Naby Keita and Lacazette.

Its bad for the reputation of a club to sell their big stars as it shows a lack of ambition and players are more likely to reject clubs that sell their stars. They know this of course, thats why they will want to avoid it at all costs if they can. Now having almost as much revenue as Chelsea and also playing in the CL, I dont see any reason why they will want to sell their stars. I doubt Liverpool fans in-the-know seriously believe Coutinho will be sold either.

BarçaBarça

Suarez was a special case after his behavior for Uruguay. They now have almost as much revenue as Chelsea and they are back in the CL. This just screams unavailable to me.

Why did he extend his contract until 2022? Is it because he wants to be at Liverpool until he retires? Clearly not.
I'm quite sure they have a deal, so that he can leave if certain clubs bid, most likely only us. They are going to buy Mohamed Salah a goalscoring creative machine - who would be a good replacement of him.

Liverpool is not PSG, and they have to sell their loyal players if they want to be sold, and gets a good enough offer for both player and club.
PSG just pay there moneyhungry-players double salary and extends their contracts once again - Liverpool doesn't work like that, and after all: They came in 4th this season, no major trophies are in sight, so surely they can understand why their biggest player wants to leave after loyal duty for so many years.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Its bad for the reputation of a club to sell their big stars as it shows a lack of ambition and players are more likely to reject clubs that sell their stars. They know this of course, thats why they will want to avoid it at all costs if they can. Now having almost as much revenue as Chelsea and also playing in the CL, I dont see any reason why they will want to sell their stars. I doubt Liverpool fans in-the-know seriously believe Coutinho will be sold either.

Liverpool fans thought they will get Kieta,Salah,Virgil and may be Mendey too.
And footballers understand the situation of a club they are going too anyway,Liverpool has been sellers for so long now and selling Coutinho for a mammoth fee won't make an effect on their reputation nor keeping him. If they can get 3-4 players that can drastically improve the team on the expense of one of their star player I can see it tbh.
Otherwise,they will have to settle with average players while seeing all their targets going to top clubs.
In addition they are having a problem with their wage structure,if they somehow manage to get the players they want they will be paid better than Coutinho and he will ask a pay rise. You can keep talking about revenue and all this stuff as much as you want,but sooner or later Liverpool are having a decision to make. settle or sell.

Nucky

Coutinho is basically as unrealistic as Verratti IMO. I dont know how people can believe he is available to sign.

Every player has a price. The question is are we prepared to pay that price. Suarez for example also renewed his contract with Liverpool but was sold to Barca a few months later.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Unless Liverpool improve their squad considerably, chances are that they will fall out of top 4 again.

Jombi

Liverpool fans thought they will get Kieta,Salah,Virgil and may be Mendey too.
And footballers understand the situation of a club they are going too anyway,Liverpool has been sellers for so long now and selling Coutinho for a mammoth fee won't make an effect on their reputation nor keeping him. If they can get 3-4 players that can drastically improve the team on the expense of one of their star player I can see it tbh.
Otherwise,they will have to settle with average players while seeing all their targets going to top clubs.
In addition they are having a problem with their wage structure,if they somehow manage to get the players they want they will be paid better than Coutinho and he will ask a pay rise. You can keep talking about revenue and all this stuff as much as you want,but sooner or later Liverpool are having a decision to make. settle or sell.

Is this something Liverpools fans in the know are talking about? Selling their stars in order to compete with the best? Revenue is crucial and Liverpool have alot of money. Just because Liverpool havent signed all the players the fans want (its early June...) doesnt mean that they are ready to sell their stars. And if 3-4 players for a total cost of 80m euros can drastically improve their team, we should also take a look at those 3-4 players...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

We don't need to sell. If we have money to buy Van Dijk and Keita without needing to sell and if those players go elsewhere then that money will go on to other signings. We have £100m to spend and that's without selling.

khaled_a_d

Is this something Liverpools fans in the know are talking about? Selling their stars in order to compete with the best? Revenue is crucial and Liverpool have alot of money. Just because Liverpool havent signed all the players the fans want (its early June...) doesnt mean that they are ready to sell their stars. And if 3-4 players for a total cost of 80m euros can drastically improve their team, we should also take a look at those 3-4 players...

Liverpool doesn't have a lot of money,their owners don't spend. You have what you are willing to spend. We are richer than City and PSG but that doesn't mean we can spend more.
And their fans now are speaking about their targets,sure they aren't gonna speak about selling Coutinho now but there is a lot of talking about how they seem to fail to get any of their top targets. Leibzig doesn't want to sell Keita, Virgil and Mendey rejected their offer and listening to other clubs in PL.
Many clubs doesn't enter the summer willing to let go one of their best players,but later on they had to in order to spend big. Roma selling Benatia 3 years ago is a prime example of that
And lol at suggesting we should look at those players,Liverpool are far inferior team,getting 3 or 4 players who would cost their buget + Coutino doesn't make since for us. Because we aren't looking to be good enough to remain in top 4 and 'may be' compete for PL title

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We don't need to sell. If we have money to buy Van Dijk and Keita without needing to sell and if those players go elsewhere then that money will go on to other signings. We have £100m to spend and that's without selling.

Didn't that happen several times that your club said that they are going to pay something in the market and then didn't? Because 2/3 of my friends are Liverpool fans and they keep saying the same thing and how they are afraid your board won't keep their word. And the problem as I said isn't just for the total spending,you are more restrict when it comes to your wage bill. If you keep losing on your target,I can see your club changing their stance tbh. Again I didn't say you will surely have to sell,but I can see that you might go on cross roads and you will have to make a decision.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The board may not keep their word but if they don't AND they sell Coutinho then they'd be signing their own death warrants. It ain't happening.

Anyway normally with these big money signings the 'feelers' come out a good month or two before the actual signature is complete. Like with Suarez and Alonso for us and Pogba last summer plus countless others. There has been nothing concrete coming out from either of the three camps either from us you or Coutinho.

As I said I suspect he will stay as he won't jeopardise a place and more specifically currently a starting place in the national team at the world cup for Brazil this summer. More likely he will leave us after the world cup and not before it.

Home of Barca Fans