7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Jombi

We don't need to sell. If we have money to buy Van Dijk and Keita without needing to sell and if those players go elsewhere then that money will go on to other signings. We have £100m to spend and that's without selling.

Makes sense.

People are simply not realistic when they think Liverpool will sell Coutinho to us. Its just fantasy at this point.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Makes sense.

People are simply not realistic when they think Liverpool will sell Coutinho to us. Its just fantasy at this point.

Why fantasy ?

We are so far behind the top teams it's crazy !

We now have to spend BIG !
We could even offload a few of our 'fringe players' as a package to get him !

Messi983

1. How often have those type of deals including swapping players really happen? From bigger names I can only remember Ibra-Eto'o swap. This is football, not NBA/NHL.

2. Why would a club like Liverpool even accept our "fringe players" for one of their most important players when they can get more money for him (if they decide to sell at all) and buy better players than those we can offer to them.

clemente

I watched him in that Arg - Bra match and I think we should get him if we play a 4-2-3-1, hes way better AM than any that we have right now, he would make our attack even better than it is right now for sure

Messi983

I watched him in that Arg - Bra match and I think we should get him if we play a 4-2-3-1, hes way better AM than any that we have right now, he would make our attack even better than it is right now for sure

IF we'll play 4-2-3-1 then Messi will play as AM.

Espacio

IF we'll play 4-2-3-1 then Messi will play as AM.

Messi's best performance place is right wing forward

we have to make this team

------------------terstegen----------------------
transfer1-----pique------umtiti----------alba--
-------------transfer2-----bousquets-----------
------messi-------transfer3--------neymar----
--------------------suarez-----------------------

transfer1: if we get Sidibe he will be the best right back for our system
transfer2: we can make Iniesta play in that position sometimes and also rakitic and roberto can play there so we don't need to pay so much money for that position yes i know it is most important position in there but i know we can not find a new Xavi even if we find the price will be so high
transfer3: we must spend all money for Coutinho because Iniesta will be 33 and he has some injury problem during the season

Messi983

Messi doesn't want to play as RW anymore. Even when he plays there "on paper" he moves more centrally during the games. We shouldn't play our best player out of his best/most comfortable position just to accomodate another big money signing. If we'll really play 4-2-3-1 it would be better to spend money on a true RW like Dembele.

I like Coutinho and if we buy him I'll hope for the best but I just don't see him as a best possible fit for us. He would certainly add new things to midfield/attack but we are already well covered at two positions where he's most comfortable (LW and AMC). Could he play as RW (in 4-2-3-1) or CM (4-3-3)? Possibly but it would take a lot of time and effort for him to adapt and if we are willing to invest 80M+ then it's best to just buy players that are more used to play those positions.

Messi983

Don't think he ever was our first or second option. I could totally see us chasing him later in summer after we won't get Verratti and another club will beat us to sign Seri because of our obssession with Verratti though.

FinBarcelonafan

Don't think he ever was our first or second option. I could totally see us chasing him later in summer after we won't get Verratti and another club will beat us to sign Seri because of our obssession with Verratti though.

The worst case scenario, we end chasing Verratti the whole summer and then he re-signs with PSG and Seri has already signed with someone else. We need to put some deadline for this and stick to it. We can't be messed around the whole off-season.

Home of Barca Fans