7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Xaviniesta

I mean I respect for what's done on the pitch but that summer saga we went through serves as a permanent stain that will never go away.

If what Xavi Campos said is true which I wouldn't be surprised considering he's reliable, that shit makes me angry.

Didn't Pique and Alves say they found out Neymar was leaving during Messi's wedding?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like he'll take over #14 for now.

If Denis leaves upcoming summer it would be nice if Iniesta took #6 with Coutinho getting #8. Not because I want Coutinho to get #8, but because I don't believe there is anyone who should get #6 except for Iniesta. Would be a nice symbolic gesture too.

Griezmann getting #7 and I guess Alenya taking #14 is the way to go ;)

Nabbed this idea from someone else some on this forum might know and I liked it.

xXKonan

Didn't Pique and Alves say they found out Neymar was leaving during Messi's wedding?
Well that's what they claimed but there were so many different rumors on when they knew he was leaving.

also according to Xavi Campos, Coutinho will get the #14 after Mascherano leaves.

Devils

Alves fucking knew for months that it was happening. He was orchestrating his move to the Qataris in correlation with Neymar.

Scumbag.

Xaviniesta

There's a theory on reddit that Coutinho is ruled out for 3 weeks so that Turan can fuck off by then, leaving Coutinho with the #7 by the time he comes back from injury

xXKonan

He's been injured since the Leicester clash and if I remember correctly Klopp and Liverpool were confident he would be fit by the 14th in time for the Man City clash.

He will be back in a week, two weeks top. Our medical staff tend to be very conservative with their estimates. Klopp said he would be back on the 14th and I except him to return to training around that time and be given medical clearance a couple days after.

Hektor

What do you think would be the best? Being on the bench as a young player 99% of the time or playing games every week? Players have to join the first team on the right time. It doesn't make sense to fill the bench with Barcelona youth players just because they are Barcelona youth players. Some people are to obsessed with La Masia after the Xavi-Iniesta era.

When do you think you can bring players from La Masia? Messi was not a starter when brought up. He was on the bench and brought into games a few minutes at a time. Same thing with Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, etc. Actually Pedro was "Pedrito" until he became a starter.

Hektor

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Does anyone have any stats on how many key passes and through passes he has had in the last several seasons? I have read some folks saying that the number of his through passes actually decreased over the years?

Horatio

You're welcome
So any explanation as to why Coutinho arrived now instead of summer?

I read somewhere that Barca were afraid to get him in the summer because he would get more expensive after World Cup.

Last edited:

xXKonan

So any explanation as to why Coutinho arrived now instead of summer?

I read somewhere that Barca didn't want him in the summer because they were afraid he would get more expensive.
They were worried about the fee rising and I also believe the club thought Valverde needed more options to cope with the heavy workload in the second half of the season.

Sure Coutinho can't play in the CL but adding him along with Dembele coming back from injury is a massive boost to Valverde and the team. It allows Valverde to rest the likes of Iniesta and Messi etc more often especially Iniesta who's 33 years old and doesn't have the pace nor energy like he once had to play on a consistent basis.

While there's players on this team that can afford to play a lot without to much issues, there's others though you need to be more careful with due to age and injury concerns.

Home of Barca Fans