7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FCB1987

Banned
It's really hard to name one thing he is actually good at these days.

He doesn't create chances, he doesn't control games, he doesn't score, he doesn't dribble, and he isn't good defensively or moving off the ball.

MagIX

#coutinho out

i have had enough.. both coutinho and dembele were bad transfers.

Dembele has potential, young, talent, and so on.....but in 2 years is often injured...so, so far you are right, for sure the team has not made a leap forward of 300 millions in terms of quality....
tragicomic given fact.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Dembele has potential, young, talent, and so on.....but in 2 years is often injured...so, so far you are right, for sure the team has not made a leap forward of 300 million in terms of quality....
tragicomic given fact.

I would like to remember you about something. Messi was picking a lot of injuries at the beginning of his career. Dembele also does now. I think we need to wait until the age of 23-24 to determine if Dembele is really injury prone or just unlucky.

Right now, he seems to be working hard trying to improve in that aspect. But only time will tell. Also, before his last injury, he was rushed back to play and even Valverde publicly said that.

xXKonan

Dembele got really unlucky with the Ankle injuries with one of them him getting butchered and the other he slipped and sprained it.

The bad Hamstring injury he got early on with us was due to him being nowhere near fit as he didn't train a lot during the whole transfer saga and we messed up by rushing him to play even though he clearly needed more time in the oven to get up to snuff.

MagIX

I would like to remember you about something. Messi was picking a lot of injuries at the beginning of his career. Dembele also does now. I think we need to wait until the age of 23-24 to determine if Dembele is really injury prone or just unlucky.

Right now, he seems to be working hard trying to improve in that aspect. But only time will tell. Also, before his last injury, he was rushed back to play and even Valverde publicly said that.

I agree with that, I didn't mean that he's is a injury prone.
What I'm trying to say is: so far 1. Coutinho is the worst transfer in the soccer history 2. Dembele contribution to the team is limited (because of the injuries). It would be very good if he had a season without injuries, so we can see his potential, his real contribution to the team.
Therefore so far the (theoretical) 300mio phenomenal effects on the team were not seen.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

I agree with that, I didn't mean that he's is a injury prone.
What I'm trying to say is: so far 1. Coutinho is the worst transfer in the soccer history 2. Dembele contribution to the team is limited (because of the injuries). It would be very good if he had a season without injuries, so we can see his actual skills and effective contribution to the team.
Therefore so far the (theoretical) 300mio phenomenal effects on the team were not seen.

Well, Dembele won us 10 points in the league this year. So there was some effect. But yeah, in Coutinho case, we were absolutely cleaned by Liverpool.

FCBfan22

Also an interesting fact: Dembele has overtaken Coutinho in estimated value on Transfermarkt at the end of February. Dembele is at 109 million pounds, while Coutinho is at 90.

Home of Barca Fans