8 - Pedri

BusiTheKing

Oh jesus christ, now it's another excuse.

His age might be a factor if this was about intelligence or decision making or whatever but that's clearly got nothing to do with any of what I said.

Skalman

Oh jesus christ, now it's another excuse.

His age might be a factor if this was about intelligence or decision making or whatever but that's clearly got nothing to do with any of what I said.

Its not an excuse, your argument is faulty, Iker has been an established elite footballer for years, to compare him is unfair. His decision making will improve the older he gets.
But you constantly come to this thread and downplay him, i get it you dont like him. But could it be that you are biased for some reason when so many people have an other opinion and see he is the best youngster in football today.
Of course he is going to have bad games and be bad periods of games, he is 19.

BusiTheKing

Its not an excuse, your argument is faulty, Iker has been an established elite footballer for years, to compare him is unfair. His decision making will improve the older he gets.
But you constantly come to this thread and downplay him, i get it you dont like him. But could it be that you are biased for some reason when so many people have an other opinion and see he is the best youngster in football today.
Of course he is going to have bad games and be bad periods of games, he is 19.

Sorry, but what is your point about the comparison being unfair? It's not a discussion of who's the more talented player. It's an analysis of why one team was better than the other tonight.

Saying that it's unfair makes as much sense as telling the ref that it's unfair that their players have more experience than ours. Kinda besides the point.

And it's still not about decision making or intelligence. As I said before.

Skalman

Sorry, but what is your point about the comparison being unfair? It's not a discussion of who's the more talented player. It's an analysis of why one team was better than the other tonight.

Saying that it's unfair makes as much sense as telling the ref that it's unfair that their players have more experience than ours. Kinda besides the point.

And it's still not about decision making or intelligence. As I said before.

You said"in the big picture it's nothing compared to how Muniain takes the game and makes it his?" isnt that a comparison i dont know what is, a few years down the line we might see Pedri do the same in this kind of matches.
The unfair bit is expecting him to " make the game his" at 19 on a regular basis.

BusiTheKing

You said"in the big picture it's nothing compared to how Muniain takes the game and makes it his?" isnt that a comparison i dont know what is, a few years down the line we might see Pedri do the same in this kind of matches.
The unfair bit is expecting him to " make the game his" at 19 on a regular basis.

It is a comparison. I didn't say it's not a comparison?? I said it's not a comparison of who is more talented. It's a comparison of how they played tonight.

JamDav1982

Pedri was the Barca player doing most to open them up and scored a very good goal.

He influenced the game and with Torres about only one from midfield forward that showed any real quality at times.

Also covered the ground and broke up play.

Idiotic player to target on how much 'tried' to influence game.

Both tried and did influence it.

delancey

He shoots and scores now when he has an opportunity. Progression under Xavi.

Think he was too timid to shoot under Koeman.

fergus90

Pedri for me is a guaranteed starter, but yeah needs his game time managed accordingly.

Think Koeman would have managed them more this year though too as he’d field Nico and Gavi more than he would Pjanic and Puig.

Home of Barca Fans